THE KB TENNIS LEAGUE
"I truly enjoyed meeting new players in the tournament (it has taught me that I have a lot lo learn about game strategies) and I hope to play them all again."
The singles, and mixed doubles leagues are designed to offer an easy structure to play competitive matches at a time that suits you.
How to start playing
New members are welcome to join at any point, but you will need to wait until the start of the next round before you can begin playing. There are four rounds a year of singles, so you shouldn't have to wait long.
- There is both a mixed sex singles league, based at Kennington & Brockwell Parks; and a Lambeth-wide Mixed Doubles League
- They are divided into groups of 6-8 players (or pairs) of a similar standard. Everyone in their group plays everyone else on the courts at either Kennington Park or Brockwell Park unless another venue suits both parties.
- Matches are the best of three tie break sets (allow 2 hours per match)
- It’s up to everyone to arrange their own matches. You get one point for every set you win.
- At the end of the round, the top one or two players go up to the next group, and the bottom one or two go down.
- You get a free can of balls and two bonus points if you complete three matches by the half way point.
- There are prizes and a certificate for the winners of each group
What's not to like? Why not give it a go!
Ready to get playing? Just go to the Join Now page.
The email for reporting match scores, or if you have a question not answered on this site is KBtennisleague@googlemail.com
Save £13 on Coaching... at Kennington park
New rounds begin four times a year. See calendar on left for the start date of the next round. The closing date is the Monday before a round starts.
Why not book your place and...
Map showing location of the courts; click for more info