Enfield Parks Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Enfield's great public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
Please note: Broomfield park rents the courts out to a netball team on an ad hoc basis. Please phone 0208 379 1000 to double check if courts are available. Otherwise you can take a chance!
Bush Hill Park
Conway Road Recreation
Please note this is a private club.
Craig Park Tennis Courts
Hazelwood Recreation Ground
North Enfield Recreation Ground
Oakwood Park Tennis
Ponders End Recreation Ground
Town Park Tennis Courts
Singles Round 24 | Thursday 28 May to Wednesday 22 July 2015 (Mid-point: Wednesday 24 June 2015)
SINGLES | GROUP 1
- Amer Jahangir 7.2 [W4] 10 includes two bonus points
- Huan Nguyen 9.2 [W3, L1] 8 includes two bonus points
- Dwayne Wint 9.2 [W2, L2] 6 includes two bonus points
- Sam Oestreicher 9.1 [W1, L2] 5 includes two bonus points
- Sean Murphy 9.1 [L3] 2 includes two bonus points
- Tim Davis 8.1 [L2]
- Obaloluwa Oni 9.1
- "Tim is a great sportsman. It is always good to play him.
He was doing very well in the first set but then his forehand deserted him." -- Amer
- "It is always fun playing Sam. He is a fine sportsman and a gentleman." -- Amer
- "We were both tentative in this first match. Dwayne won 5 games in a row to lead 6-5 in the first set, only to lose out in a tight tie-break. There was no rhythm in the 2nd set either (I blame the the constant dogs' barking right behind us for this ... ha, good excuse!!). Hope we only get better from here" -- Huan
SINGLES | GROUP 2
- Dominic Burchnall 10.1 [W5] 12 includes two bonus points
- Bruce Stallard 8.2 [W3, L1] 8 includes two bonus points
- Jonathan Jones 9.2 [W2, L1] 7 includes two bonus points
- Marcin Pajek 8.2 [W2, L2] 7 includes two bonus points
- Martin Harrisson [W2, L2] 6 includes two bonus points
- Felix Roca 8.2 [L3] 4 includes two bonus points
- Robin Datta 9.1 [L4] 3 includes two bonus points
- Thomas Casey 10.2 [L1]
SINGLES | GROUP 3
- Daniel Dobre [W6] 14 includes two bonus points
- Chris Ward 8.2 [W3, L1] 8 includes two bonus points
- Andrew Howarth 9.1 [W3, L1] 8 includes two bonus points
- Andrew Lynch [W2, L2] 6 includes two bonus points
- Alicja Mulligan 9.1 [W1, L3] 5 includes two bonus points
- Andrew Rose 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Ognyan Enchev [L5] 2 includes two bonus points
- Hugo Joyce 10.2 [L3]
- "After a fast start from Hugo, I decided to become a human wall and just tried to get everything back. The result of the close first set was possibly influenced by one particularly awesome serve by Hugo, which didn't bounce until it landed in somebody's back garden. If only we had Hawkeye..." -- Andrew
- "Alicia maybe started a bit slowly but more than made up for it in the second set, holding her serve with ease while giving me plenty to think about in my service games. Somehow I managed to hang on in there until 4-4, before, on an unpleasantly humid morning, I was able to manage a final lung-busting effort to get the crucial break. Very glad it did not need a third set!" -- Chris
- "I'd already accepted defeat after the warm-up, but somehow managed to scramble enough balls back to force some mistakes. 1st set felt closer than the score suggests, the 2nd really was that close! Just as I thought I could run away with it, Andrew blasted away, breaking me with ease as I served for the match. The tiebreak looked to be going Andrew's way, but the luck fell on my side, meaning the oxygen masks weren't needed after all " -- Andrew
- "A glorious morning gave way to a tense opening 8 games with both players going for winners when the opportunity presented itself and some break points rescued. I managed to just squeak the set by breaking in game 10. How I managed to win the second set 6-0 I will never know as I felt on the back foot at all times with AR playing excellent shots of both the forehand and backhand side and his first serve often unplayable. Cheers " -- Andrew
- "A fun match with some ridiculous(ly good) shots by Ognyan. Luckily I was able to scrabble enough shots back to force a few mistakes" -- Andrew
- "Just avoided the persistent drizzle! I raced to a substantial early lead in both sets - which I most certainly needed as a cushion as Ognyan fought back strongly both times." -- Chris
SINGLES | GROUP 4
- Jimmy Antonin 10.2 [W3] 8 includes two bonus points
- Vasos Jacovou [W3, L2] 8 includes two bonus points
- Andrew Murray [W3, L2] 8 includes two bonus points
- Alex Papas 10.2 [W2, L1] 7 includes two bonus points
- Sharon Mullarkey [W1, L2] 5 includes two bonus points
- Renee Powell 10.2 [W1, L3] 5 includes two bonus points
- Martin Doherty 10.2 [L4] 3 includes two bonus points
- Simon Grant 9.2 [W1] 2
- "Despite the blinding sun it was a fun game and Martin upped his game during the second set. " -- Renee
- "Warm evening and busy courts at Arnos Grove - we finally found solace at Broomfield park and play a very enjoyable game with some good rallies. " -- Jimmy
- "A very pleasant game!" -- Alex
- "Very nice game with hard fought points. This match could have gone either way, I was lucky to record my first win" -- Jimmy
Looking for previous matches? Visit the archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles matches for the Enfield Parks Tennis League (previously known as the Broomfield & Bush Hill Parks Tennis League).
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)