Gladstone Park Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Gladstone Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
The park is at the end of Hamilton Road. Travel - Bus: Kendal Road, 226 Crest Road: 16,182
Nine outdoor macadam courts, not floodlit, in a beautiful setting.
1/04/15 – 31/08/15: 8am-9pm
1/09/15 – 30/09/15: 8am-7pm
1/10/15 – 25/10/15: 8am-6pm
26/10/15 – 31/01/16: 8am-4pm
01/02/16 – 28/02/16: 8am-5pm
01/03/16 – 31/03/16: 8am–6pm
Adults £6.50 per hour.
These courts were refurbished in November 2010.
Travel - Bus 6 / 52 / 302 Alight on the All Souls Avenue near the junction with Hardinge Road. Walk along Hardinge Road and take the first left into Chelmsford Square.
Two outdoor courts, not floodlit.
Six outdoor courts, not floodlit.
King Edward VII Park
Two outdoor courts, not floodlit.
Singles Round 22 | Thursday 9 July to Wednesday 2 September 2015 (Mid-point: Wednesday 5 August 2015)
SINGLES | GROUP 1
- Zenon Rozwalka 9.1 [W2] 4
- Ali Qassim 8.2 [W1] 2
- Cory Mcnally 10.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Inigo Kelsey [L1]
- Tom Johnston [L1]
- Ross McGuinness 10.2 [L1]
- Jorge Welsh
- Thomas Rush 10
- "Close, competitive match with lots of breaks of serve.
" -- Ali
- "A great Sunday morning game. Tom was by far the better player technically, I was just very lucky to catch him on his 1st game back for a few years!" -- Cory
SINGLES | GROUP 2
- Owen Thomas [W2] 4
- Paul Foley 9.2 [W1]
- Deepak Arora 10.2 [L1]
- Drissa Yilla 9.2 [L1]
- Louise Paxford [L1]
- Attila Voros 10.1
- Ibrahim Mahdi 10.2 withdrawn
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Gladstone Park archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles and Doubles matches for Gladstone Park.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)