THE RAPHAEL PARK AND ROMFORD TENNIS LEAGUE
REMEMBER: PLAY THREE MATCHES BEFORE THE MIDWAY POINT OF EACH ROUND AND WIN A FREE TUBE OF TENNIS BALLS
Welcome to the brand new Raphael Park and Romford Tennis League! Matches can be played anywhere in the Havering area - the league is especially designed for players who play on public courts, but all club members are very welcome too. The "home" courts for the league are those at Raphael Park but matches may be played anywhere in the Havering.
This league is designed to offer an easy structure to play competitive matches at a time and place that suits you.
How to start playing
New members are welcome to join at any point, but you will need to wait until the start of the next round before you can begin playing. There are four rounds a year of singles, so you shouldn't have to wait long.
- This is a mixed singles league
- It’s divided into groups of about 6 players of a similar standard. Everyone in their group plays everyone else on one of Romford's public courts unless another venue suits both parties
- Matches are the best of three tie break sets (allow 2 hours per match)
- It’s up to everyone to arrange their own matches. You get one point for every set you win.
- At the end of the round, the top one or two players go up to the next group, and the bottom one or two go down.
- You get a FREE can of balls and two bonus points if you complete three matches by the half way point.
- WINNERS of each group WIN £20 and one of our mighty fine certificates.
- The entry fee for the Raphael Park and Romford Tennis League is just £12
Ready to get playing? Just go to the Join Now page.
There will be four rounds a year and you can join at any time. See the calendar on the left for the dates of the next round. (Please note, round closes a few days before the start date.)
If you would like to play, you can...
For more information see the rest of the site or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the courts and a larger map, click on the map below