Friendly, competitive tennis on Aberdeen's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllAberdeen Singles - Round 24 | Thursday 20 February 2020 to Wednesday 15 April 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 18 March 2020)
Tosin is beginning to pitch camp at the top of this group as he successfully defends his title once again! It wasn't a walk in the park; runner up Haroon beat the champ and Ryan pushed him to three sets. This round has also been cut short by at least 3 weeks. But all credit to Tosin for getting his bonus points and winning three matches out of four to take gold again!
- Oluwatosin Ige 8.2 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Haroon Bajwa 10.1 [W2] 4
- Puranjay Das 10.1 [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Callum Young 10.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Ryan Gordon 9.1 [L2] 1
- Kingsley Ajike [L1]
- Ricky Simpson withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentCallum Young bt Ryan Gordon (Mar 15) 7-6 (7-5), 6-4
John made all the running in this group. He got out of the blocks early, got his bonus points and after a very close opening match against James, hit his strike and won the next four on the trot. Many congratulations and great match commentaries too!
- John Kellett [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points
- Emma Bolland 10.1 [L1, UF1] 1
- Alex Beston [L1, UF1] 1
- James Ferguson 8.2 [L1] 1
- Ikechuku Ikukaiwe [UF1]
- Lee Gordon 10.2 [L1, UF1]
- Alan Brownhill [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJohn Kellett bt James Ferguson (Feb 22) 2-6, 6-1, 7-6 (7-5)
Such good matches here in a busy and competitive group in which almost everyone got their bonus points. Well done! Grant and Laura had a 'gruelling battle...Laura is a tough competitor and it was a very tough but pleasant match with good sportsmanship'; Tara and Allan had 'another tough one'; and Grant says David made it 'difficult for me with some very good returns and accuracy....as always a very enjoyable match'. When the round had to be cut short Grant and Robbie were tied on points but as Grant beat Robbie in one of their characteristically tight battles, he takes gold this time!
- Grant Annand 9.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Robbie Gill [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Diogo Rodrigues [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Laura Bell McMillan [W1, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Tara Geddes 9.2 [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- David Phimister [L3] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Allan Bell [L1] 1
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentRobbie Gill bt Diogo Rodrigues (Feb 26) 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 (7-1)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Aberdeen archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Aberdeen.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)