Friendly, competitive tennis on Barnes and Sheen's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllBarnes & Sheen Singles - Round 27 | Thursday 13 April 2017 to Wednesday 7 June 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 10 May 2017)
Great to see numbers grow in this round and this resulted in many more matches being played leading to some tough competition for places. Thanks to everyone who got involved and we hope to see you next time for more tennis over the summer months!
Ian and Marcin played the most matches and scheduled well, and this proved to be a winning formula as they both moved to the top of the table. Crucially Ian secured four victories to Marcin's three, including a strong win in their head to head, and this sees Ian retain his title for the third consecutive round. Can anyone stop Ian's title winning streak next time?
- Ian Hancock 8.2 [W4, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Marcin Wolczyk [W3, L3] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Sam Richardson 7.1 [W2] 4
- Matthew Schlotter [W2] 4
- Ryan Carlisle [W1, L2] 3
- Tony Nesbit 9.1 [L4] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Neil McKelvie 8.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Camilo Ardiles Morgado
Match of the Group:Marcin Wolczyk bt Tony Nesbit (Apr 25) 7-5, 3-6, 6-3
Round of applause to David for not only playing the most matches and bagging bonus points but for more impressively winning five out of his six matches to climb into top spot. Oliver had a good debut finishing only one point behind David in second place, and takes the bragging rights for being the only player to defeat the new champ.
- David Maud 9.1 [W5, L1] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Oliver Newton [W4, L1] 11 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Matt Mcnally 10.1 [W3, L1] 7
- Richard Buckingham 9.2 [W1, L4] 4
- Phil Thompson [W1] 2
- Angus Comber 10.2 [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Clive Daykin [L1] 1
- Patrick Grossmann 9.1 [L2] 1
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDavid Maud bt Patrick Grossmann (May 3) 6-4, 6-7 (5-7), 6-2
Adrian and Pete's route to the top couldn't have been more different; Adrian cruised past his opponents whereas Pete in contrast had to battle through some epic encounters to clinch the four victories they both achieved. Ultimately the first match of the round, their head to head, proved decisive with Adrian prevailing in straight sets to take the crown.
- Adrian Restantia 9.2 [W4] 8 WINNER
- Pete Brewer [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- Andrew Palmer 10.2 [W3, L2] 6
- Ajeet Ranjit 10.2 [W2, L3] 4
- Zane Baring 10.1 [L4] 1
- Francis Keeling 10.2 [L3]
- CIRO COPPOLA
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentPete Brewer bt Zane Baring (May 23) 4-6, 6-4, 7-6 (7-4)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Barnes archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Barnes.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)