Friendly, competitive tennis for women on Battersea Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our singles league for women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a singles league just for women
- Groups are put together by standard
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For all women over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllBattersea Park Women's Singles - Round 12 | Thursday 17 September 2020 to Wednesday 4 November 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 14 October 2020)
A shame we had to end the round early due to lockdown but not before lots of matches were played, especially in Groups 1 and 3! It was great to welcome 11 new players to the league, several of whom went on to win their groups. A great effort all round so we look forward to getting going again soon!
It was a great start in the Leagues for Yvonne who won 5 matches to finish as group champ, a single point clear of Tessa in runner up spot. Their head to head was "great tennis and a definite workout" and well played to Alicia for defeating the champ in a "so close" match tiebreak.
- Yvonne Winward [W5, L1] 11 WINNER
- Tessa Meredith Hardy [W4, L2] 10 RUNNER UP
- Anzhela Fedorova [W3, L1, UF1] 6
- Alicia Gomez [W1, L2] 4
- MacKenna Roberts 10.2 [L2, UF2] 2
- Francesca Gabella [L3]
- Ali Hankey [L2]
- Leyla Gumusdis [UF1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentYvonne Winward bt Tessa Meredith Hardy (Oct 15) 3-5, 5-3, [10-5]
This was a very quiet group with just one match played unfortunately, so it's a shame you lost the final weekend of the round due to lockdown. Catherine took the win against fellow debutant Shreya to claim the group crown... congratulations!
- Catherine Pelton 9.2 [W1] 2 WINNER
- Shreya Malik [L1] RUNNER UP
- Annabel Royden withdrawn
- Iva Golob
- Lauren Cromer
- Lidia Drel
- Sophia Hart
Match of the Group:Catherine Pelton bt Shreya Malik (Oct 12) 6-3, 6-3
It was tight at the top of Group 3 with Mikaela and Emilia both ending the round on 10 points however Mikaela won their head to head to take the title. Mikaela was undefeated on 5 wins including their head to head, while Emilia did well to recover from a set down to beat Katharine in a "challenging match".
- Emilia Stankiewicz [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Mikaela Wetterling [W5] 10 WINNER
- Katharine Dryer [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Spencer Howell [W1, L1] 2
- Eva YanFen Shi [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Maria Pelidis [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Serena Reynell [L1]
- Ezgi Muratoglu 9.1 withdrawn
- Katie Arnold
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentEmilia Stankiewicz bt Katharine Dryer (Oct 18) 2-6, 6-1, 6-3
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Battersea Park Women's archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Battersea Park Women's.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)