Friendly, competitive tennis on Bexley Parks's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllBexley Parks Singles - Round 21 | Thursday 23 November 2017 to Wednesday 31 January 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 27 December 2017)
High quality tennis was played throughout this round as old rivals battled, great members returned to the league and all made new friends along the way! It was clear that enjoyable tennis was played and lots of fun was had, here's to the next round, Bexley Parks!
David avenged a defeat against Christopher after a 5 month lay off with injury on his way to securing the top spot for this round! Christopher came in second after what David described as simply an "off day" for Christopher, we're anticipating another match soon between these rivals! Felix had a nice birthday treat against James after what he described as a 'poor performance' in his first two games and won 6-1, 6-1. Nobody scored bonus points which could have helped to make a difference in this league, let us know if there is anything to do that we can help. Welcome back to Jamie, David and Christopher after your short break from the league, and welcome to Felix who joined Bexley Parks from the Christchurch Park, Ipswich league, some great additions to the group!
- David Williams 8.2 [W3] 6 WINNER
- Christopher Hackett 10.1 [W1, L1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Felix Watkins 8.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Jamie Price 9.1 [L2]
- Paul Fitzpatrick 8.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentFelix Watkins bt Jamie Price (Jan 28) 6-1, 6-1
Sam was the undisputed winner of this group with 4 out of 4 wins. The race for the second spot was extremely close as three people - Richard, Jason and Antonio were tied on 2 points each. As Richard beat Antonio this meant he clinched the second spot due to Jason unfortunately retiring from the league. An epic battle between the two Greenwoods of the group saw Jason win a close first set tie break before Paul (welcome back by the way!) fought back in the second set to force it to a decider. Ultimately Jason held his nerve and came through that final set 6-4. Nobody earned any bonus points here which could have made all the difference to the standings so some early scheduling in the next round could be the make or break in the final positions! Well done for some great tennis all round!
- Sam Coombes 7.1 [W4] 8 WINNER
- Richard Fearn 9.2 [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Jason Greenwood 9.1 [W1, L1] withdrawn 2
- Antonio Russo [W1, L2] 2
- Anthony Staddon [L2] 1
- Paul Greenwood 10.1 [L2] 1
Match of the Group:Jason Greenwood bt Paul Greenwood (Jan 16) 7-6 (8-6), 4-6, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Bexley Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Bexley Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)