Friendly, competitive tennis on Bexley Parks's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllBexley Parks Singles - Round 17 | Thursday 19 January 2017 to Wednesday 15 March 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 15 February 2017)
Thanks to everyone who got involved in the first round of 2017, it's great to see you all back on the court. Congratulations to the new group champions and we hope to see you all back in the next round for more tennis in the longer days and warmer temperatures!
David produced a five star performance to top the table with maximum points and improve on his bronze medal from the previous round. Adam and Lateef renewed their rivalry in the race for silver. In the end scheduling came into play as they both recorded three wins each but Adam also earned his bonus points to nudge ahead into second place.
- David Williams 8.2 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Adam Ciolak 10.1 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Lateef Abdulsalam 8.2 [W3, L1, UF1] 6
- Steven Monaghan 9.2 [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Jason Greenwood 9.1 [L3, UF1]
- James Fernandes 10.2 [L4]
Match of the Group:Adam Ciolak bt Steven Monaghan (Feb 12) 6-4, 6-3
Kate may have missed out on a win this round but she couldn't have done much more in her quest for points. After, three marathon matches with Barbara, Jamie and Paul, Kate has definitely got her practice in for next time - great effort Kate! The group two crown goes to Matthew thanks to a dominant performance with four wins from four and bonus points too. Credit to Jamie who also recorded four victories to come home as the runner up.
- Matthew Hawker 9.2 [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Jamie Price 9.2 [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- Barbara Pouw [W3, L2] 7
- Paul Greenwood 10.2 [W2, L3] 4
- Kate Northwood 10.1 [L3] 3
- Mark Nelson [L4]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentPaul Greenwood bt Kate Northwood (Feb 18) 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (7-1)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Bexley Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Bexley Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)