Friendly, competitive tennis on Bournemouth and Christchurch 's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllBournemouth and Christchurch Singles - Round 40 | Thursday 20 February 2020 to Wednesday 15 April 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 18 March 2020)
Good numbers in terms of matches played, especially as this round was cut short three weeks early! Here's to coming back with a bigger and stronger league everyone raring to go!
Great to see so many matches played in this group, despite the early curtailment, and so many bonus points won! Premkumar is the new champ, coming through close matches against Mark and Ben in particular (great insightful commentaries!) and many congratulations! Good to have Kelvin (who was runner up) and Mark back in the league after a short time away and to see old rivalries re-newed.
- Premkumar Jeyapaul [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Kelvin Medley-Jones [W3, L1] 9 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Ben Howell 8.1 [W3, L2] 7
- Anthony Hughes [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Mark Langham 7.1 [W1, L1] 2
- Dinko Georgiev [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Toby Wadey 8.1 [L2]
- Roger Garbutt withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentPremkumar Jeyapaul bt Ben Howell (Mar 8) 6-7 (4-7), 6-1, [10-6]
Well played Glen, not just for topping the group but for playing (and winning) four of the five matches in this group and even getting bonus points. A very convincing win and promotion beckons!
- Glen Bessant 8.2 [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Lena Chavez [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Thomas Clarke [L1] 1
- Bradley Hutchings [L2]
- Andrew Mouzouri [L1]
- Peter Livesey [L1]
- Marcus Bartley
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentGlen Bessant bt Thomas Clarke (Mar 14) 5-7, 6-4, 6-3
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Bournemouth and Christchurch archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Bournemouth and Christchurch .
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)