Friendly, competitive tennis on Bournemouth and Christchurch 's public courts
Local Tennis Leagues is for anyone, no matter your tennis experience. Play YOUR way.
Join thousands of players in hundreds of Leagues across the UK. Whatever your standard, we’ll find you great matches!
Local Tennis Leagues is a place for friendly tennis, where you can meet like-minded people and make new friends.
Join us now!
KEEN TO JOIN?
From the dates above, choose your Round and click on the Join By link. If the Round is currently running, and it's before the mid-point, you can sign up as a late joiner here. Otherwise, check back soon for info about the next Round.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who plays 3 matches by the mid-point of any Round can claim a FREE tube of tennis balls! Plus, there are great offers in our shop.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Players are organised into groups of 6 to 8 players of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page the day before the Round begins
- Players arrange their own matches, book courts and share costs
- You can play on any court that suits both players
THE LEAGUE IS:
- For anyone over the age of 18
- For beginners as well as advanced players
- There are various scoring formats you can use for your match
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page the day before the Round begins
- Players are placed in groups according to their ITF World Tennis Number
- Each player attempts to play each of the other players in their group once during the Round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you play 3 matches before the mid-point of a Round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the Round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop
See here for the complete rules and regulations.
New players will need to create an account with us and include their LTA Advantage Number before joining a Round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players, you can join the next Round here.
For everything you need to know before you get started see the FAQs and review the Rules and Regulations, which all players agree to adhere to when playing in the Leagues.
If you notice any of our venue information is out of date, missing court costs or opening hours, please let us know.
Southbourne Tennis ClubIford Lane, Bournemouth, BH6 5NF Tel: 01201 434044 full venue details »
The Christchurch Tennis FacilityIford Sports Complex, Barrack Road, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 2BA Tel: 01202 486309 full venue details »
Knyveton GardensFrances Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 3RY Tel: 077 86 722 744 full venue details »
Mudeford Wood Community CentrePiper Drive, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 4TR Tel: 01425 272084 full venue details »
Swanmore GardensSwanmore Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH7 6PD Tel: full venue details »
Winton Rec Tennis CourtsFitzharris Avenue, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH9 1BX Tel: full venue details »
Shelley ParkWentworth Avenue, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH5 2EG Tel: full venue details »
Redhill ParkRedhill Drive, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH9 2SW Tel: full venue details »
Alderholt Tennis ClubAlderholt Recreation Ground, Ringwood Road, Alderholt, Dorset, SP6 3DF Tel: 07799 885093 full venue details »
Collapse AllBournemouth and Christchurch Singles - Round 54 | Thursday 6 April 2023 to Wednesday 31 May 2023 (Midpoint: Wednesday 3 May 2023)
- "Great game Toby. We both agreed this is the best we have both played for some time. You played especially well in the first set and I came into my own in the second set. The third set was just survival time and I managed to hold on. " -- Glen
- "A great match so far. Locked at one set all. The first set went the normal way between the two of us. Some good tennis but Simon was just more consistent than me. The second set I played some good tennis but to start with it was going the same way and Simon took a 5-2 lead. Then I started to channel Djokovic and went into lockdown mode. I was determined not to miss and this worked and I turned the second set around to win 7-5. A great achievement for me as previously I had never taken a set off Simon. Looking forward to the final set sometime in the next couple of weeks. " -- Glen
- "Incredible 3 h. game with lots of rallys. Marco was leading on 3rd set 5:3 and had 3 match points. Luckily I was able to change the course of the game. Grace Marco !" -- Dmitrij
- "Thanks for giving this one a go Toby. You started really well but as the match wore on it was clear you were struggling. Hope the back issue sorts itself out and enjoy your golf trip to sunny Portugal!" -- Simon
- "Blustery conditions at Poole Park made for a scrappy old game. We both hit our fair share of loose ones, and the two which got away from Marco for a 4-2 lead in the second had a big impact on the outcome. Always a pleasure mate and good luck with the rest!" -- Simon
- "Thanks for arranging the match and great to meet you on what turned out to be a lovely afternoon for tennis. The score is flattering as most games seem to go to deuce and I definitely had the net cords on my side!! Tbh I’m just glad I survived as some of your second serves nearly took my ruddy head off!! You made me feel like a yo-yo, up down up down I didn’t know where to stand! Coupled with some deft slicey drop shots, you gave my legs a good workout. Good luck with your remaining matches and I look forward to seeing you in future rounds. Thanks Marco " -- Chris
- "A match played in glorious sunshine and closer than the scoreline suggests. You started well Dmitrij and it felt like you were much more consistent than last time out. Good luck with the rest and see you next time." -- Simon
- "Thanks for the match Dmitrij and nice to meet you - a sunny morning with no wind - I barely recognised the courts, but maybe spring has actually finally sprung. Was closer than the scoreline suggests, few points here and there and could have been very different. Good luck with your remaining matches and I hope the tips worked…remember, if they didn’t then I’m not a tennis coach…but if they did then you can buy me a beer (well, glass of red!) Until next time " -- Chris
- "Great game so far. After two hours we are locked at 5-5 in the second set. Booked to finish on Friday." -- Glen
- "Completed the game as planned. Marco taking the first two games to take it into a third set wasn't part of my plan. I just had the edge in the third set. Thanks for the extra few games we played after, where we were both trying to hit with more freedom. Good luck in your remaining matches." -- Glen
- "Thanks for a competitive match Tony. The first set was nip and tuck all the way with plenty of energy-sapping rallies. Momentum was with me in the second but you still hit some excellent winners. Enjoy the round and best of luck with the rest." -- Simon
- "Marco asked me to file the comment on this one - he said he was “lost for words”… and it was indeed an epic encounter. At 5-0 up in the first set I felt like I was coasting and was already thinking about what I’d be having for dinner. But Marco had other ideas and was showing troubling signs of improving. The next set was tight and packed with deuces and exhausting points, and by the third Marco was hitting everything in and he had me haplessly running after the ball like a headless chicken. I was frankly knackered by the end and a bit relieved it was all over. Well played Marco - already looking forward to the next one. " -- Toby
- "Thanks for your comment Toby! Very competitive match played in good spirit as usual between us. Looking forward to our next battle!" -- Toby
- "Thank you Glen, it was amazing game!" -- Dmitrij
- "What a lovely morning for tennis - thanks for the match Glen and for welcoming me back into the local tennis league’s fold. Good luck in your remaining matches. Until next time ✌️" -- Chris
|2||Jonathan Le Grange||6||4||2||2||10||LWWW|
|7||Alberto De Natale||5||0||5||2||2||LLLL|
- "Thank you Jonathan for the game; think I was lucky to catch you on a bad day. Was some long , never ending rallies. A very even, tight 1st set" -- Richard
- "Really close match that had a lot of turns and swings in momentum" -- Jonathan
- "Thanks for the match Richard. Nice comeback in the 2nd set where I was 3-0 up but then you have improved your game considerably and made me work harder in order to win it. All the best for your remaining matches and I look forward to playing against you soon!" -- Florin
- "Thanks for the match, two very close sets, could have easily gone to three." -- Jonathan
- "Thank you Dinko for the game and making the effort to travel to Weymouth. I really admire your enthusiasm to play and improve your game. Good luck with the next matches. " -- Erol
- "Thank you Richard for the game and keep enjoying your tennis!" -- Erol
- "Thank you Florin for the competitive match, especially was feeling the pressure in the second set. " -- Erol
- "Thank you Chris for the game and keep your game up, especially the trick shots :)" -- Erol
- "Thanks for the match Alberto, and good luck in your other matches" -- Jonathan
- "Nice to meet you Alberto! We had a competitive match especially the 2nd set which was head to head right until the end. All the best for your remaining matches!" -- Florin
- "Thanks for the match Dinko! As almost every time we needed 3 sets to decide the winner but this time we needed even 2 days for an outcome. Very competitive 3 sets altogether and good quality tennis for both of us and the winner was decided on fine margins! All the best for your remaining matches and looking forward to playing against you soon!" -- Florin
- "Nice to meet you Alberto ,we had quite nice chat and some nice rallies,.Wish you best of luck with the remaining matches and see you next round" -- Dinko
- "Very tight match with lots of long rallies, not an inch given. Could easily have gone to three sets. Good luck with your other matches Alberto" -- Richard
- "A very hot sunny day at Poole Park today and another another close enjoyable match match between us Nigel Regardless of score line our games are always close and so often with just a single point making the difference. I don't think either of us fancied a third set in that sort of heat All the best and looking forward to our next match " -- Peter
- "Thanks for a great match today Andrew - a warm sunny day ideal for tennis. It couldn't have been closer and with lots of deuce-advantage games throughout it could have gone either way. If there was anything, the change of court did seem to work in my favour and I luckily managed to sneak it 7-5 in the third. All the best in your remaining games and looking forward to the next time we play. " -- Peter
- "Good to meet you Laura and thanks for an enjoyable match on a beautiful sunny day; ideal for a game of tennis in the park. " -- Peter
- "Thanks for the game Sam, that was gruelling! Think I’ll be suffering for rest of the day now. " -- Andrew
- "Good to meet you today Sam and thanks for an enjoyable match on a warm, sunny and wind free day at Branksome. The first set was long and close throughout and I was lucky to squeeze through in the tie break to win it 7-5 In the second set your passing shots continued to be effective and several times your lobs just rooted me to the spot. In the end it was possibly down to me winning a few more points on my serve that eventually made the difference All the best for your remaining games and I look forward to playing you again " -- Peter
- "Thanks for the match Davide, some great, very tiring rallies there!" -- Andrew
- "Thanks for the match Andrew, all the best for the rest of the round " -- Nigel
- "Thanks for the match David, two very close sets. Good luck for the rest of the round" -- Nigel
- "Thanks for the game Sam, good luck with the rest of your matches " -- Nigel
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Bournemouth and Christchurch archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous Rounds matches for Bournemouth and Christchurch .
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who play three or more matches by the mid-point of the Round receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize. Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link emailed to the player.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Players' names, W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added).
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form.