Friendly, competitive tennis on Bracknell's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllBracknell Singles - Round 10 | Thursday 17 May 2018 to Wednesday 11 July 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 13 June 2018)
A superb effort from you all throughout the round as over 80% of matches were played. This is testament to your great dedication and with so many sunny days it was lovely to see everyone making the most of the weather. Here's to more of the same next time!
Andy raced his way to the top of Group 1, as he not only managed to play against everyone but he also beat them all too which is an incredible feat, congratulations! Second place went to Rhodri whose only loss came at the hands of our eventual champ, well done for a solid comeback round to the league. Lots of bonus points were earned in this group which demonstrates your excellent scheduling skills as well as your love for those free tennis balls.
- Andy Furst [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Rhodri Andrews 10.1 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Shane Broderick [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- David Quinn 10.1 [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Jesus Cazorla [L5] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- James Wilkins 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDavid Quinn bt Jesus Cazorla (May 26) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
Kerber wasn't the only Angelique winning a title this week as our very own Angelique Blom stormed her way to the top of Group 2 with an extremely impressive 100% win record. Some would argue her achievement is even more impressive than Kerber's as she was able to do all of this without the losing a single set. There was a close race for second place with only one point separating Rachael and Dermot. . In the end it was Rachael who just pipped Dermot to the silver thanks to her win in their epic head to head. Great to see everyone take home a bonus prize thanks to their fantastic scheduling skills.
- Angelique Blom 10.1 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Rachael Evans 10.1 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Dermot Healy [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Hellinda Smith [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Neale Fraser [L4] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Susan Bunch [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentRachael Evans bt Dermot Healy (Jun 8) 3-6, 7-6 (7-4), 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Bracknell archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Bracknell.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)