Friendly, competitive tennis on Bracknell's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllBracknell Singles - Round 8 | Thursday 30 November 2017 to Wednesday 7 February 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 3 January 2018)
We were down to just one group in this Winter round of Bracknell Tennis League, so well done to those of you who braved the elements in the name of tennis! There were some close and enjoyable matches across the group and it was great to welcome a new player to the league who made himself at home by winning the group at his first attempt! Thanks for supporting the league and we hope to see a few more players return for the next round!
Congratulations to Andy for a successful debut in the leagues, winning the group through a combination of 3 match wins and early scheduling to secure the midway bonus points. Shane and Stephen were in close contest for runner up spot, with Shane edging ahead by winning their head to head. Stephen's match against Hellinda must have set some kind of record as there were no less than 10 deuces in one game, and Andy did well to hold off a resurgence from Shane who "kicked up a gear in the second set". Well played everyone!
- Andy Furst [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Shane Broderick [W1, L1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Stephen Gillard [W1, L2] 2
- Hellinda Smith [L2]
- Ali Lees
Match of the Group:Shane Broderick bt Stephen Gillard (Feb 10) 6-3, 6-2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Bracknell archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Bracknell.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)