Friendly, competitive tennis on Cambridge Gardens & Richmond's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Cambridge Gardens & Richmond league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllCambridge Gardens & Richmond Singles - Round 13 | Thursday 8 December 2016 to Wednesday 15 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 11 January 2017)
Great to see new faces alongside the returners in this round and there were some impressive debuts made. Thanks to everyone for getting involved, we hope you enjoyed yourselves. Please do continue to help spread the word, we'd love to see the league grow further in 2017!
Sam makes a brilliant debut notching up a win in each of his four matches without dropping a set. Manoj came closest to upsetting this pattern taking Sam to a first set tiebreak, but as so often is the case the tiebreak proved to be a game changer and Sam cruised through the second set. A special mention to Bruce and Richard who played out the only three setter in this round, battling through ice, rain and win to eventually finish this marathon match. And finally a well done to Clifford to finishes as runner up.
- Sam Armour [W4] 8 WINNER
- Clifford Stevenson [W3] 6 RUNNER UP
- Richard Matthews 10.2 [W2, L2] 5
- Bruce Harrison 9.2 [W2, L2] 4
- Manoj Jangra [W1, L3] 2
- Rod Sumner 10.1 [L5]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentBruce Harrison bt Richard Matthews (Feb 2) 7-6 (7-4), 2-6, 7-5
A close call on the finish line between Matt and David with nothing to separate the two on points. Their head to head was a similarly tight affair but it was Matt who pipped David to the post in both sets and takes the win to top group two - well played both. Further down the table Richard and Domonic started this round with a titanic tussle that could have gone either way, in the end it was Richard who just had enough to finish victorious.
- Matt Dean 10.2 [W4] 8 WINNER
- David Saville 10.1 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Philip Marvin [W1, L4] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Aman Sood [W2, L1] 4
- Richard Northern [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Domonic Noble 10.2 [W1, L2] 3
- ARZU BITAR
- Roann Ghosh
Match of the Group:Richard Northern bt Domonic Noble (Dec 10) 5-7, 7-6 (7-4), 6-4
Christopher was keen to make an impression on his debut winning four out of four to fly to the top of the table and earn promotion. Graham also managed to play four matches and as is often the case getting on the court led to success as two victories and bonus points give Graham second place. Thanks to everyone for their commentaries!
- Christopher Timms [W4] 8 WINNER
- Graham Wilson [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Martine Lowe [W2, L1] 4
- Reza Karampour 10.2 [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Nuala Galazka [L1]
- Gunes Goler 10.2 [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentGraham Wilson bt Nuala Galazka (Dec 18) 7-6 (8-6), 4-4 Nuala Galazka Retired
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Cambridge Gardens & Richmond archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Cambridge Gardens & Richmond.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)