Carlisle Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Carlisle's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Carlisle league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Bitts Park Tennis Centre
Opening hours 4pm-8pm week days and 10-4 weekends.
Courts cost £5 per hour.
Chatsworth Tennis Club
2 indoor acrylic courts and 4 outdoor hard courts. Toilets, changing rooms and parking are available on-site.
Free for members. Non members can hire the courts at the hourly rates below:
Outdoor: £5 per hour
Indoor: £12 per hour + £2 extra for each non member
Indoor (school holidays): £8 per hour + £2 extra for each non member
To book a court call the phone number provided or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Collapse AllCarlisle Singles - Round 2 | Thursday 13 October 2016 to Wednesday 7 December 2016 (Midpoint: Wednesday 9 November 2016)
Great to see more matches played in the second round of the Carlisle Tennis League. Thanks for your efforts, and please do help to spread the word - we'd love to see the league grow!
Great to see Darren get off the mark in this round and with such success - well played Darren. The battle for second place was close, with both Julie Stevens and Kurt equally matched on points and win/loss ratio, but it was Julie who takes the runner up position thanks to fewer games conceded. It would be great to see more matches completed in the next round, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
- Darren Johnstone 10.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Julia Stevens 10.1 [W2] 4 RUNNER UP
- Kurt North [W2] 4
- Jordan Ling 10.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Julie Hogg 10.2 [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Lewiss Chapman 10.2 [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentKurt North bt Julie Hogg (Nov 2) 6-4, 7-5
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Carlisle archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Carlisle.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)