Abbeydale Tennis Club was first established in 1882 and was one of the founder sports that formed Abbeydale Sports Club and it is very proud of its long history. The Tennis Club went through a complete redevelopment in 2009 and its new facilities include:
- 4 indoor tennis courts
- 4 outdoor tennis courts
- Outdoor floodlighting facilities
- Purpose built Kids Zone
- Free car parking facilities
- Luxury Members Clubhouse
- Café & licensed bar
- Treatment and physiotherapy facilities
- Tennis Pro Shop
- Changing facilities (DDA compliant)
- We also hold the LTA TENNISMARK accreditation.
The Club has 4 indoor courts, 2 of which are a luxurious velvalux carpet and the other two are American cement acrylic courts housed in our futuristic air dome!
The 4 outdoor championship all weather courts, which makes the surface playable all year round whatever the British weather.
We have a floodlit court for members who want to play under the stars once dusk has fallen.
- Open 7 days a week and from 8am to 11pm on weekdays and 8am-7pm at weekends.
- Tennis coaching for all standards from complete beginners to international tennis players.
- Sheffield's only all-inclusive tennis club, where members receive free indoor and outdoor tennis courts at all times
- Free group coaching and Cardio tennis classes and many more exciting benefits
- Weekly programmes for its members
- 4 separate social nights
- 5 sessions of Cardio tennis
- Beginners groups
- Intermediate and advanced tennis coaching plus mini tennis
- Full ball tennis coaching for kids of all ages and standards
- Supervised Kids Sports Clubs 4 times a week
The following classes are currently available free with adult membership:
- Monday Cardio 10-11am
- Monday Ladies Morning 11-12pm
- Monday Advanced Coaching 6-7pm
- Monday Intermediate Coaching 6-7pm
- Tuesday Cardio Tennis 9-10am
- Tuesday Ladies Morning 10-11.30am
- Tuesday Intermediate Coaching 6-7pm
- Tuesday Social Tennis 7-9pm
- Wednesday Breakfast Tennis 7-8am
- Wednesday Cardio Tennis 9-10am
- Wednesday Ladies Morning 10-11.30am
- Wednesday Beginners Coaching 6-7pm
- Wednesday Intermediate Coaching 6-7pm
- Wednesday Beginners Coaching 7-8pm
- Wednesday Intermediate Coaching 7-8pm
- Thursday Ladies Morning 10-11.30am
- Friday Breakfast Tennis 7-8am
- Friday Cardio Tennis 10-11am
- Friday Cardio Tennis 6:30-7:30pm
- Sunday Cardio Tennis 10-11am
- Sunday Social Tennis 11-1pm
Anyone can play here, 7 days a week, whether they are a member or not.
Non members - Court Fee per hour
Members - No Court Fees
If you notice any of our venue information is out of date, missing court costs or opening hours please let us know.