Derby Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Derby's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Derby league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
Friendly, competitive tennis in Derby!
Adult players of all standards are warmly invited to join this friendly league. Everyone is welcome.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Derby's flagship park and one of the most popular attractions in the East Midlands. Among its many great facilitires are two free hard courts with toilets, a cafe and paid parking on-site.
Mon - Sun: 8 am - 10 pm
Free to use.
No booking system - turn up and play.
Ilkeston Tennis Club
Pay and play court hire available on a limited basis on the Ilkeston club courts. Fine to turn up and play, but booking is advisable to avoid disappointment!
Guest play may be available at the invitation of club members
Club courts available for public hire Tuesdays & Thursdays: 8 am - 12 noon; Fridays 5 pm - 9 pm; and Saturdays 8 am - 11 am. Fine to turn up and play, but booking is advisable to avoid disappointment!
Outdoor courts £6.65 per court per hour (adults); £3.30 per court per hour (juniors)
Rutland Sports Park
Three indoor courts plus outdoor courts (some shared with the local club)
Indoor courts bookable Mon - Thurs 9am - 10pm, Friday 9am - 9.30pm, Sat & Sun 9am to 5pm
There are also outdoor tennis courts for hire at the following times:
Tuesday and Thursday 8.00am - 12 noon; Friday 5.00pm - 9.00pm Saturday 8.00am - 11.00am
Indoor courts £12.25 per court per hour (adults) £9.20 (juniors)
Cost of hire for outdoor courts is £6.65 Adults and £3.30 junior per court per hour.
Derbyshire Tennis Centre
Indoor and outdoor courts 5 minutes from the city centre offering coaching sessions and programmes
Annual Membership Prices
£45 Junior (under 18)
£80 Veterans (Over 60)
£190 Family (to include two adults and two children)
£60 Country adult
Visitors fee £2
Annual membership includes Free outdoor courts, and discounts on floodlights and indoor courts - please boook in advance. Discount on re-strings, grips and shock absorbers and discount on adult coaching sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Collapse AllDerby Singles - Round 4 | Thursday 24 November 2016 to Wednesday 1 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 28 December 2016)
- Darran Cooper [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points
- David Drake [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Murray Tait 10.2 [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Anthony Barrable [W1, L1] 2
- James Barlow 10.2 [L1]
- Michael Chester [L2]
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Derby archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Derby.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)