Friendly, competitive tennis on Dundee's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllDundee Singles - Round 15 | Thursday 29 August 2019 to Wednesday 23 October 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 25 September 2019)
Over 60% of matches were played in the round, so well done for that. It is great to see so many regular and returning players. Some of our leagues would take a break now till after Christmas, but we know that you in Dundee are made of more determined stuff! Hope you can join the winter round (it lasts for ten weeks) and if you can, please do spread the word.
With Darren clocking up his fifth Dundee group win, the search really is on for someone to have a go at toppling him from the top spot. This round it was Nathan who got closest to beating the champ - their match went the distance. But Nathan didn't have quite the consistency to press for a podium spot. Second place actually went to JP who, like Gavin in third place, had three wins. Well done Darren and what will happen next time?
- Darren Pake 8.2 [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- JP Curran 10.1 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Gavin Lang [W3] 6
- Nathan Connelly 9.2 [W2, L2] 5
- Gavin Nicol [W1, L4] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Emma Welsh [L5]
- Scott McKenzie
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDarren Pake bt Nathan Connelly (Sep 21) 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
A second group win for Kenneth, but it was a close run thing. Both Kenneth and Aidan won three and lost one, but Kenneth picked up an important point in his defeat to Daniel, and that was enough to seal the group win leaving Aidan the silver. Paul finished level on points with Daniel but thanks to victory in their head-to-head pips Daniel to the bronze.
- Kenneth Lindsay 9.1 [W3, L1] 7 WINNER
- Aidan Brogan 10.1 [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Paul Mudie [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Daniel Macpherson [W2, L2] 6
- David Anderson [L4]
- Joshua Swinyard 10.1 withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentKenneth Lindsay bt Aidan Brogan (Oct 16) 7-6 (7-4), 7-6 (7-3)
Elliot made hay while the sun (sometimes) shone, winning all his fixtures and like all but one of the others adding bonus points to his tally. James takes second place with three excellent wins of his own, and as Elliot nicely pointed out, the scoreline in his match with James was misleadingly one sided. Looks like some fun matches were played in the group!
- Elliot Hay [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- James Morrison [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Remo Soave [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Steve Dron [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Jonni Colquhoun 10.2 [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- David Brighty 10.2 [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentRemo Soave bt Steve Dron (Sep 1) 5-7, 6-1, 6-1
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Dundee archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Dundee.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)