Enfield Parks Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Enfield's great public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Enfield Parks league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Please note: Broomfield park rents the courts out to a netball team on an ad hoc basis. Please phone 0208 379 1000 to double check if courts are available. Otherwise you can take a chance!
Bush Hill Park
Conway Road Recreation
Please note this is a private club.
Craig Park Tennis Courts
Hazelwood Recreation Ground
North Enfield Recreation Ground
Oakwood Park Tennis
Ponders End Recreation Ground
Town Park Tennis Courts
Collapse AllEnfield Parks Singles - Round 30 | Thursday 29 September 2016 to Wednesday 23 November 2016 (Midpoint: Wednesday 26 October 2016)
Thank you all who took part in this round of the Enfield Parks League - overall there was strong attendance and we had highly competitive matches in every group. Keep it up!
Joe displaces Tommy this round to take the Group 1 crown with 4 wins and bonus points - congratulations Joe! Dom and Tommy were left vying for runner up, with both players gaining 7 points each, however once bonus points get discounted it was Dom who took the silver. Well played all!
- Joe Chacholiades 8.1 [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Dom Piec [W3, L1] 7 RUNNER UP
- Tommy Power [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Uche Onyema [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Amer Jahangir 7.2 [W2] 4
- David Normand [W2, L3] 4
- Marcin Pajek 8.2 [L4] 3 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Amer Jahangir bt Tommy Power (Oct 2) 7-5, 3-6, 6-3
It was a close call between George and John for the top spot, with just one point separating the players. Having moved up from group 3 in the previous round, John played well, taking 2 wins including a hard fought match against Daniel - however even with his added bonus points, it wasn't enough to top George, who claims the prize with 4 straight wins.
- George Zenonos 9.1 [W4] 8 WINNER
- John Williams 9.2 [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Nick Lauder [W1, L1] 2
- Jonathan Jones 9.1 [W1, L1] 2
- Daniel Reynolds [L1] 1
- Graham Baker 10.2 [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJohn Williams bt Daniel Reynolds (Nov 18) 2-6, 7-5, 6-3
There were a number of tight matches here, notably the 3 set head to heads betwen Laurynas and Chris, Kevin and Laurynas, Kevin and Kamran and Kamran and Christopher. Superb effort everyone and round of applause to Laurynas who with a winning combination of tennis and scheduling skill managed to top the table.
- Laurynas Jurkonis 10.1 [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Tim Davis 8.1 [W3] 6
- Kevin Lynch 8.2 [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Chris Ward 8.2 [W2, L3] 6
- Kamran Bashir 10.1 [W2, L2] 5
- Christopher Jacovou [L4] 1
- Simon Grant 9.1 [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentLaurynas Jurkonis bt Chris Ward (Oct 9) 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
Sal played in 2 incredibly tough matches against Veselka and Mohamed to take the win in this group - hats off to him (and his opponents)! Bragging rights go to James however, who managed a strong win in his head to head (and only match of the round) against Sal.
- Sal Syed 9.2 [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Mohamed Karimullah [W1, L1] 3 RUNNER UP
- James Taylor 10.2 [W1] 2
- Veselka Marinova [L2] 1
- Marlon Perera 10.2
- Pamela Sandler withdrawn
Match of the Group:Sal Syed bt Mohamed Karimullah (Oct 23) 4-6, 6-2, 7-5
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Enfield Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Enfield Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)