Friendly, competitive tennis on Enfield Parks' public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllEnfield Parks Singles - Round 41 | Thursday 4 April 2019 to Wednesday 29 May 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 1 May 2019)
A bit of a mixed turnout in this round with some players making it onto court for lots of matches and others not really getting going. Many of the matches played were very competitive affairs with numerous three set thrillers appearing on the scoreboards of the three groups. Thanks for all your efforts and we hope to see you again next time for more tennis throughout the summer!
Martin played more matches than anyone else and scored bonus points, and this proved to be a successful strategy as he picked up three hard fought wins and a point from a "midweek thriller" with Sean to boost his total into the lead. Brian pips Nicky to the runner up spot after bonus points are removed, but could he have gone one better if he had played a couple more?
- Martin Harrisson [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Brian Mcgurk 10.2 [W3] 6 RUNNER UP
- Nicky Kirk 9.1 [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- James Foot 10.1 [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Sean Cull 9.1 [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Tim Davis 8.1 [W2, L1] 4
- Christopher Jacovou 9.2 [L2]
- Mark Beisiegel
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentSean Cull bt Martin Harrisson (Apr 16) 5-7, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
More than half of the matches went the distance in this well contested group two - well played everyone. Daniel was the dominant force at the top, notching up a near clean sweep of wins to put space between himself and the rest of the group. Robin's stamina was put to the test in this round with all of his matches going to a third set decider, and despite missing out on a victory the four sets he won combined with his scheduling prowess sees him sneak into second place.
- Daniel Dobre 10.1 [W4, UF1] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Robin Datta 8.2 [L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Simon Grant 8.2 [W2, UF1] 5
- Alex Sales 10.1 [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Sean Simpson [W1, L1] 3
- Marcin Pajek 8.2 [W1] 2
- Ed Oladeji [L1]
Match of the Group:Alex Sales bt Robin Datta (Apr 20) 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
A five star performance from David sees him move into pole position and earn a promotion next time. Pedro finishes with the satisfaction of having beaten the new champ thanks to his terrific comeback in their epic head to head. Maj also showed fine form to pick up four strong victories to claim second spot.
- David McLean 10.1 [W5, L1] 13 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Maj Chowdhury [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Michael Ossei 10.2 [W3, L3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Pedro Simes [W3] 6
- Neil Bedi [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Hugo Joyce 10.1 [L4]
- Marcel Goga [L3]
- Graham Baker 9.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentPedro Simes bt David McLean (Apr 28) 3-6, 6-1, 6-3
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Enfield Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Enfield Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)