Friendly, competitive tennis on Enfield Parks's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllEnfield Parks Singles - Round 35 | Thursday 30 November 2017 to Wednesday 7 February 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 3 January 2018)
From the match comments, it is clear that lots of friendships were made in this league over some competitive tennis and some truly great sportsmanship was displayed. Lots of newcomers made a huge effort to get their matches played and we're excited to see how the group standings change as you learn more about your opponents and practice the great game of tennis; here's to the next round, Enfield!
Alex was the only one to gain bonus points and ran away with the title, amassing 10 points after having had a break from the league, what a comeback! Runner up Andres (newcomer) managed to win both of his matches and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened should he have managed to play some more, it was certainly a great start to the league! Welcome back to Samuel Elliott, George and Tose too after your short break from the league. Alex and George have formed a new found bromance, we are pleased to have matched you two together, do keep us updated on how your bromance develops, it's clearly a lovely group to play in!
- Alex Papas 9.1 [W4, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Andres Vergara [W2] 4 RUNNER UP
- Andreas Jones-Fernandez [W1, L1, UF1] 3
- Samuel Elliott 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Tose Page 8.1 [W1] 2
- George Zenonos 9.1 [L1, UF1] 2
- Samuel O'Sullivan 10.2 [L4]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentGeorge Zenonos v Andreas Jones-Fernandez (Feb 2) 6-2, 6-7 (6-8) TBC
A close battle for the top spot in this round saw Alex just clinch the win despite just having recovered from the flu! Second and third places were earned by Tim and Brian who finished on the same amount of points but Tim managed to win their head to head which just gave him the edge in the number of sets he won. Welcome to Fernando who had a great match against our overall winner who managed to just win it in the 3rd set after a very close tiebreak. Some in the group struggled to organise matches in this group but it looks like it could have been down to the weather conditions! If there's anything we can do to help the scheduling, bar maybe controlling the weather, then please get in touch!
- Alex Sales 10.2 [W2, L2] 5 WINNER
- Tim Davis 8.1 [W2] 4 RUNNER UP
- Brian Mcgurk [W2, L2] 4
- Fernando Hortal Foronda [W1, L1] 2
- Graham Baker 10.1 [L2]
- Marcin Pajek 8.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentFernando Hortal Foronda bt Alex Sales (Feb 5) 6-7 (4-7), 7-5, 7-6 (8-6)
Congratulations to Christopher J who won this group, the only person to earn bonus points too! Chris J had a very close match with Maj where he lost the first set 6-1 but managed to somehow turn it around after channelling his inner Cameron Norrie to win the next two, 6-1, 6-4; Maj managed to turn it around during his match against Duc which meant that Maj came in second. Welcome to Chris M to our leagues, looks like you had a great match against the eventual winner, let's see what the next round has in store! Some in the group struggled to get matches organised, so please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help so that you can meet more of the group and get some more great tennis played!
- Christopher Jacovou 10.1 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Maj Chowdhury [W1, L1] 3 RUNNER UP
- Chris Ward 8.2 [W1] 2
- Duc To 10.2 [L2] 2
- Chris Manning [L2]
- Don Butler 10.2
Match of the Group:Christopher Jacovou bt Maj Chowdhury (Dec 28) 1-6, 6-1, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Enfield Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Enfield Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)