Glasgow Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Glasgow's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Glasgow league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Scotstoun Tennis Centre
Bookings are on a ‘Pay as you go’ basis. You can book 7 days in advance if you are a Glasgow Club member (see website for details).
Mon - Wed: 7am - 9.45pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Indoors £17.90 (There is a ‘walk on rate’; if you arrive 30 minutes before the hour you can get a court for £10.90)
There is a 10% discount for Glasgow Club members on full price courts (discludes walk on rate).
Gorbals Tennis Centre
Bookings are on a ‘Pay as you go’ basis. You can book 7 days in advance if you are a member (see site information).
Monday-Friday: 9am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Peak (Monday-Friday 4pm onwards and weekends 9am-1pm) £17.90
Offpeak: (Monday-Friday 9am-4pm and weekends 2pm onwards) £10
Leisure card members get 10% off peak time courts.
Following a £350,000 upgrade four brand new, floodlit courts were opened in April, 2013.
Mon - Wed: 10am-9pm; Weekends 9am-6pm
Kelvingrove Park Tennis
Six brand new floodlit courts in the city centre. The centre is currently undergoing a major refurbishment.
Currently free to use.
Four brand new floodlit courts.
Mon-Wed 10am-9pm; Thurs-Sun 9am-6pm
Free to use.
Collapse AllGlasgow Singles - Round 29 | Thursday 17 November 2016 to Wednesday 25 January 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 21 December 2016)
- Luke Paull 8.1 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Stephen Reynolds 8.1 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Jonathan Nicholls 10.2 [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Ben Dickson [W1, L1, UF1] 3
- Andrew Miller 8.2 [W1] 2
- Neil Dickson 9.2 [L1, UF1] 1
- Stewart Campbell 9.1 [L2] 1
- James Foley 8.1 [L2]
- Alan Baggley [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Martin Super [W2, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Daniele Marini 10.1 [W1] 2
- Nicola Henderson 10.2 [L2] 2
- Andy Rhattigan 9.2 [L1] 1
- Danny Cameron [L1]
- Barry Moore
- Calum Hooper
- Donald Fraser 10.2 [W2] 4
- Kevin Kelly 9.2 [L1]
- Ross Burnside [L1]
- Graeme Robertson 10.2
- Matt Maycock 9.1
- Paul Newman
- Chris McLaren [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Frank Reid 9.2 [W2] 4
- Ivan Rolfe 9.2 [W1, L1] 3
- Stuart Law 10.2 [W1] 2
- Gary Devine [L2]
- James Leslie 10.2 [L1]
- Mark Barbieri [L2]
- Derek Morgan [L1]
- Bryan Mawer [W1] 2
- Mick Mooney 10.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Gareth Llewellyn 10.2 [L1]
- Cameron Sim
- Gavin Lundholm 9.2
- Paddy Gibbons 10.2
- Deepesh Shrestha 10.2 [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Jaimie Rea 10.2 [W2] 4
- Oliver Norman [W1] 2
- Gordon Lamont [L1]
- Joe Mckeown 10.2 [L1]
- Anton Craig 10.2
- Charlotte Beattie 10.2 [W1] 2
- Jason Mackie [W1] 2
- Glenn Petersen [L2]
- Graham Mccurrach
- Jay Kanabar
- Ross Lamont 10.2
- Viktoria Mcguinnity 10.2 [W2] 4
- Corinne Primrose 10.2 [L1]
- Lynn Macpherson [L1]
- Jim Erwin 10.2
- Karen Mackay
- Kevin Hester 10.2
- Suzanne Shaw 10.2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Glasgow archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Glasgow.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)