Greenwich Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Greenwich's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Greenwich league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
A fantastic facility in a designated sports hub, with four floodlit adult and four mini tennis courts. Book online or at reception at Charlton Lido.
£3 per hour
Greenwich Park Tennis Centre
A pay and play facility where everyone is welcome and the nets are always up. The centre is operated by Playzennis, a niche business exclusively dedicated to tennis. Since 2004, GPTC has been part of the Will to Win initiative. You can book two days ahead, or a week in advance if you are a card holder.
Open during park hours in summer (April to September) and weekends only in winter (October to March).
Mon - Fri until 5pm: £6 per hour (£3 for card holders); Weekends and 5pm onwards: £8 (£5 for card holders).
Cards cost £50 per person, £80 per couple or £90 per family.
Blackheath Tennis Courts
Located in an amazing setting - a walled garden of an old historic house. They are operated by Greenwich Council and booking is through the Rangers Department. Courts maybe booked up to seven days ahead via phone.
Mon - Sun: 9am-7pm (8pm during the lighter months)
£7 (peek), £4.50 (off peak).
You can simply turn up and play on these four, well-maintained hard courts - there is no booking system, and the courts are free. Please note that at certain times the courts are block-booked by schools.
Free to use.
Courts available on a turn up and play basis. Please note that the courts are locked at certain times during the day.
Manor House Gardens
A park with a walled flower garden, lake, fountain, ice-house, cafeteria, multi-sports ball court and two tennis courts, as well as a children's playground.
Coldharbour Leisure Centre
6 outdoor hard courts (floodlit)
£5 per court including lights. Bookable online or by phone
Collapse AllGreenwich Singles - Round 23 | Thursday 8 December 2016 to Wednesday 15 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 11 January 2017)
- Robert Dixon [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Flaviu Turc [W2] 4
- Paul Thompson [W1] 2
- Lateef Abdulsalam 8.2 [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Thierry Cambray 8.2 [L1] 1
- Dominic Bradley 7.2
- Timur Shakirov 10.2
- Andrew Wright [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Alastair Kidner [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Louis Vaughan Williams 7.2 [W2] 4
- Neal Tuson [L1] 1
- Ben Sheppee [L2]
- Don Greenwood [L1]
- Josh Matthews 10.1
- Richard Halley 9.2
- Herve Savoure [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Michael Robson 10.1 [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Angus Bearn [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Andrea De Baggis [W1] 2
- Roger Price 9.2 [W1] 2
- Ruby Brown [L1]
- Osman Khan 10.2
- Kevin O'Keeffe 9.2 [W2] 4
- Jamie Price 9.2 [W2, L1] 4
- Jason Greenwood 9.1 [L1] 1
- Alex Toderita 10.2 [L2]
- Graham Cutting 9.1
- Qiang Guo 10.2
- Antonio Jimenez 10.1 [W1] 2
- Ed Gyde 9.2 [W1] 2
- John Archdeacon 10.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Carl Parsons 10.2 [L1]
- Oliver Brown
- Tsvetan Drakaliev 10.2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Greenwich archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Greenwich.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)