Halton Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Halton's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Halton league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
Friendly, competitive tennis in Halton!
Adult players of all standards are warmly invited to join this friendly league. Everyone is welcome.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Widnes Tennis Academy
4 Tarmac and 2 synthetic grass outdoor courts with floodlights and 3 acrylic indoor courts. Toilets, changing rooms, a cafe and free parking are available on-site.
Mon - Thurs: 10 am - 10 pm
Fri: 3 pm - 10 pm
Sat - Sun: 9 am - 5 pm
Off peak (weekdays 10am - 5 pm and weekends):
Indoors: £16 per hour, Outdoors: £10 per hour
Peak (weekdays after 5pm):
Indoors: £22 per hour, Outdoors: £12 per hour
Please book via the website link or call the phone number provided with any queries or problems.
4 Tarmac tennis courts with floodlights. Toilets and a cafe are available on-site.
7 am - 9:30 pm
Free to use.
No booking system - turn up and play.
Runcorn Hill Park
4 Tarmac courts with floodlights. Toilets, a cafe and free parking are available on-site.
9:30 am - Dusk
Free to use.
No booking system - turn up and play.
Collapse AllHalton Singles - Round 1 | Thursday 6 October 2016 to Wednesday 30 November 2016 (Midpoint: Wednesday 2 November 2016)
Thank you all for taking part in this opening round of the Halton Tennis League. You are the pioneers and we are sure, from this small acorn a great league will grow! See you in a tennis-packed new year.
We're making a start in Halton so this was an atypically small group and indeed only two matches were played! Phil and Michael tie on points after both winning one match but it is Phil who claims the league's first top spot after his head to head win over Michael. A shame that not all players made it out of the starting blocks and do let us know if you are having problems setting matches up and getting them played.
- Phil Hor [W1] 2 WINNER
- Michael Gates [W1, L1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Craig Goulding [L1]
- Joe Higgins 10.2
Match of the Group:Michael Gates bt Craig Goulding (Oct 31) 6-3, 7-5
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Halton archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Halton.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)