Friendly, competitive tennis on Hammersmith & Fulham's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllHammersmith & Fulham Singles - Round 50 | Thursday 3 December 2020 to Wednesday 6 January 2021 (Midpoint: Wednesday 30 December 2020)
It's a shame this round had to end early due to lockdown but at least we managed to get past the midway point meaning that you'll all receive a 50% round pass discount for next time! Well done for braving the often wintry weather to get so many matches played and we look forward to seeing you back in action before too long!
Congratulations to Fergus for heading up Group 1 with a run of 4 wins, including a comeback win against Rich that was "played in the rain throughout!" Runner up James did well to recover from losing his way in the opening set tiebreak to claim the next 2 sets against Jake, while Jun won "an absolute classic under heavy rain" also against a battling Jake... well played both!
- Fergus Foster [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- James Tanner 9.2 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Jun Hiratsuka 9.1 [W2, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Rich Sharpe [W1, L1, UF1] 4
- Jake Meskell [L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Jack Watton [W1, L1, UF1] 3
- Lorenzo Del Moro [W1] 2
- Gilles Malandain [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJun Hiratsuka bt Jake Meskell (Dec 19) 6-7 (1-7), 6-4, 7-6 (7-4)
There was just a single point separating our winner James from runner up Nikos as they recorded 3 and 2 wins respectively and were the only players to claim the midway bonus points. Third placed Thibault put up a great fight against James but lost in 3 sets, while the last 2 sets of Thomas' win over Nikos went "down to the wire"!
- James Kendall 8.1 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Nikos Aletras 9.2 [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Thibault Racovski 10.1 [W1, L1, UF1] 3
- Thomas Lodge 10.1 [W1] 2
- Paul Karacaoglu 9.1 [UF1] 1
- Allan Herron [L2]
- Andrew Ballard [L1]
- Julian Eccles 10.2 [L1]
- Oscar Hardy [L1]
Match of the Group:James Kendall bt Thibault Racovski (Dec 8) 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (7-2)
This was a competitive group with everyone playing at least one match and our winner Jonathan notching up 5 wins out of 6 to finish top of the table. An early morning cup of coffee helped Jonathan to a 3 set win over runner up Raphael, completed just in time for his 10am conference call, while Sonia and Adam's match featured "many long deuces".
- Jonathan Lee [W5, L1] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Raphael Duverney [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Sonia Bamford 10.2 [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Robbie Burnett [W2] 4
- Sarah Lane [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Adam Baring [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Andriy Chereperiouk [L1]
- Anke Gosch 9.2 [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJonathan Lee bt Raphael Duverney (Dec 9) 7-5, 1-6, 6-3
Congratulations to Chris for winning Group 4 on his Leagues debut, his 3 wins without defeat helping him to a 6 point lead over runner up Katie. It was a close second set between Chris and Vitaly while Katie won a close 2 setter against Lloyd.
- Chris Grimsey [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Katie Johnson [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Francesca Hall [L1]
- Lloyd Buckton [L2]
- Vitaly Korol [L1]
- Charlotte Reid
- Giulio Baratta
- Zoltan Szekeres 9.2
Match of the Group:Katie Johnson bt Lloyd Buckton (Dec 22) 7-5, 6-4
The top of the table was closely contested with Declan edging clear of Patrick by a single point and being the only player to complete all his matches. Paula very nearly took Declan to a third set but couldn't quite win the tiebreak, while Lorenzo held his nerve to close out his second set tiebreak against Declan. Lots of close scorelines in this group!
- Declan Flood [W6, L2] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Patrick Mann [W5, L1] 13 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Robert Payne [W4, L1] 11 includes 2 bonus points
- Lorenzo De Carlo [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Ahmed Ashraf [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Paula Sandeman [W1, L5] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Anne-France Kennedy [W1, L2] 3
- Joel James 10.1 [L1]
- Eva Ciocyte [L3]
- Christine Clinton withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentLorenzo De Carlo bt Declan Flood (Dec 9) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Hammersmith & Fulham archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Hammersmith & Fulham.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)