Friendly, competitive tennis on Hammersmith & Fulham's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Hammersmith & Fulham league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllHammersmith & Fulham Singles - Round 33 | Thursday 1 December 2016 to Wednesday 8 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 4 January 2017)
This was a much quieter round of the Hammersmith and Fulham Tennis League and disappointingly less than half of the possible matches were played. Thanks to all those who got involved whatever the weather and we hope to see much more tennis next time!
A quieter group one than we would have liked, perhaps the winter weather and festive period dampened enthusiasm for tennis this time. Luigi led the way in this round getting on court three times to record two victories and top the podium - well played Luigi! Alejandro sneaks into second place.
- Luigi Brambilla 8.2 [W2, UF1] 5 WINNER
- Alejandro Romero 9.2 [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- James Mower 8.1 [W1, L1] 2
- James Tanner 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Ben Carey [UF1] 1
- Matthew Spiteri 10.1 [L2]
- Nuno Sena [L1]
- Adam Al-Attar 10.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentLuigi Brambilla v Ben Carey (Jan 21) 6-0, 1-6, 3-4 TBC
Matthieu showed no sign of nerves on his debut as he cruised to five victories and a well earned promotion. Charlie combined good scheduling skills with some impressive tennis, including a seesaw victory over Benjamin which saw him claim the runner up position. Well played all!
- Matthieu Delas [W5] 10 WINNER
- Charlie Cole [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Benjamin Hammant 10.2 [W2, L2, UF1] 6
- Michael Cameron 9.1 [W1, L2] 3
- Mark Allen [W1] 2
- Elliott Clements 10.1 [L1, UF1] 1
- Matthias Pfeifer 10.2 [L1]
- Nick Jackson 10.2 [L4]
Match of the Group:Charlie Cole bt Benjamin Hammant (Dec 3) 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
Pawel was determined not be caught in this round building up a bigger lead with every match played. Adam and Alain tried their best to put up some resistance but it was not quite enough defeat the champion. Francesco moved into second place his win over William.
- Pawel Rados 10.1 [W4, UF1] 11 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Francesco Diurni 10.1 [W2, L1] 4 RUNNER UP
- William Howard [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Alain Gaudeau [W1, UF1] 3
- Fil Pollara [W1, L1] 2
- Adam Rolston 10.1 [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Philippa Seal 10.1 withdrawn
Match of the Group:William Howard bt Adam Rolston (Dec 3) 7-6 (8-6), 6-4
Group four proved to be a hardy bunch, making it onto the court despite the drizzle. Stephen was the only player to beat Anand but didn't play enough matches to to trouble Anand's win and points tally so Anand takes the gold and Stephen the silver.
- Anand Sinha [W3, L1] 6 WINNER
- Stephen Wan 10.2 [W2] 4 RUNNER UP
- Don McGill 8.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Georgina Cartwright [L2]
- Vivek Kumar 9.2 [L2]
- Mary Ubah 9.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentStephen Wan bt Anand Sinha (Feb 12) 6-3, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Hammersmith & Fulham archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Hammersmith & Fulham.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)