Friendly, competitive tennis on Haringey's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Haringey league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllHaringey Singles - Round 34 | Thursday 1 December 2016 to Wednesday 8 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 4 January 2017)
Another good round in Haringey despite the battle against the winter weather in addition to the opposition on the other side of the net. Congratulations to the all the new group champions and we hope to see you all back in the next round!
Nick continued his excellent form following up his promotion with a table topping performance this round. Unfortunately Nick couldn't quite make it fourteen wins in a row as two of his matches remained unfinished but four victories put him ahead of the field. Well done to Rowan who finished as the runner up.
- Nick Shave 10.2 [W4, UF2] 10 WINNER
- Rowan Metcalfe [W2, L1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Ewan Kelsall 9.2 [W1, L1, UF1] 3
- Samuel Gruen 8.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Emil Tsekov 8.1 [L1, UF1] 1
- Aleksandar Natovski 10.1 [L2]
- Christopher Nilsson [L1]
- Grzegorz Ksiazek
Match of the Group:Rowan Metcalfe bt Ewan Kelsall (Dec 21) 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
A well deserved promotion earning win for Fred who displayed all his firepower to win six matches on the bounce. Luther made sure he made the most of his matches with three going all the distance in epic encounters, including a close battle with eventual champion Fred and runner up Charlie - great effort Luther!
- Fred Asquith [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Charlie Clinton 8.2 [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- Norman Freshney 8.2 [W2, L3, UF1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Luther Wainwright 8.2 [W1, L5] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Harriet Ayliffe [W2, L2] 4
- Oliver Davey [W1, L1, UF1] 3
- Eleni Kasapi [L4]
- Luca Pusceddu
Match of the Group:Fred Asquith bt Luther Wainwright (Dec 16) 4-6, 6-2, 7-5
Atanas may have been "lucky to get the win" against Kyneil but luck had nothing to do with his finishing position as four victories earned him champion status. Kyneil also showed fine form, playing some particularly tight matches to claim the silver.
- Atanas Barakov 9.2 [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Kyneil Grant 10.1 [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Zac Sargusingh 9.1 [W1, L1] 3
- Martin Tucker 9.2 [W1] 2
- Andrew Rose 10.2 [L2] 1
- Alex Pepe 9.2 [L2]
- Giuseppe Persiani 10.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAtanas Barakov bt Kyneil Grant (Dec 12) 6-4, 5-7, 7-6 (7-5)
Jay played and won his only match against Ashley, what might have happened if he'd played a few more matches? Hopefully we will find out next time. The congratulations go to Ashley who notched up three wins to finish top of the pile. Thanks to everyone who battled the elements to get on the court and play their matches.
- Ashley Marshall 10.2 [W3, L1] 6 WINNER
- Jon Sen 10.2 [W2, L1] 5 RUNNER UP
- Charlotte Appel 9.2 [W2, L1] 4
- David Owen 9.1 [W1] 2
- Jay Lalljee 9.2 [W1] 2
- Jakub Przeperski 10.2 [L4] 1
- Ana Carrasco Frutos 10.2 [L2]
- Chris Ward 8.2 withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJon Sen bt Jakub Przeperski (Jan 9) 6-3, 5-7, 6-4
Phil couldn't be stopped as he marched to the top of group five with a full house of victories. Jon and Matt both finished two points further back but it is Jon who secures the runner up position thanks to his decisive win in their head to head. Thanks to everyone for their efforts in this round, all but two matches were played!
- Phil Thomas [W6] 12 WINNER
- Jon Abbey [W5, L1] 10 RUNNER UP
- Matt Bloor [W4, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Velin Ognyanov [W2, L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- David Beales 9.2 [W2, L3] 4
- Ruth Jakobsen [L5]
- Will Stevenson [L4]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentPhil Thomas bt Velin Ognyanov (Dec 10) 7-5, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Haringey archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Haringey.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)