Haringey Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Haringey's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Haringey league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Bruce Castle Park
Five newly resurfaced courts in beautiful parkland, with plans for a new café, operated by Robby Sukhdeo and the Pavilion Cafe team. These are the home courts of the league - and this league is designed to offer adult players at Bruce Castle an opportunity to play more friendly, competitive tennis.
Travel - Bus 149, 259, 279, 318, 349, W3; Train White Hart Lane, Bruce Grove.
Travel - Bus 67, 341; Tube: Seven Sisters
Free to use.
Travel - Bus 67, 230, 341, W4; Tube Turnpike Lane
Free to use.
Seven excellent courts (plus two mini courts).
The tennis courts and nearby track and gym are managed by The Access to Sports Project in partnership with Finsbury Park Sports Partnership and Haringey Council. The Finsbury Park Sports Partnership is an organisation run by stakeholder volunteers, dedicated to developing sporting facilities and opportunities in Finsbury Park. To report management or maintenance issues please email: email@example.com
Travel info - Bus 29, 141, 210, 253, 254, 259, 279, 341, W3, W5, W7; Tube Finsbury Park, Manor House; Train Finsbury Park.
Booking is open to everyone and can courts can be booked 7 days in advance.
Book online at http://www.accesstosports.org.uk/finsburyparktennis
Down Lane Recreation Ground
Travel - Bus 41, 123, 149, 243, 259, 279, 318, 341, 349, 476, W4; Tube Tottenham Hale; Train Bruce Grove, Tottenham Hale
Free to use.
These are the home courts of the Pavilion Tennis league. The Pavilion is a very friendly tennis centre operating on public courts which means it is genuinely accessible and open to all. As well as great, recently refurbished tennis courts, the centre has an excellent cafe and offers numerous other sporting and social facilities. The centre is run by Robby Sukhdeo (right) and has been awarded Beacon status by the Tennis Foundation.
Travel - Bus 102, 184, 299, Tube Bounds Green Wood Green, Train Alexandra Palace
Open 9am - 9pm. Check with venue for use of floodlights
£6.00 (£5 card holders). Floodlights £11 (£10). The annual booking card offers online courts bookings (7 days in advance) and costs £50.
Free to use.
White Hart Lane Recreation Ground
Four floodlit courts.
Travel - Bus W3, W4; Tube: Wood Green; Trian White Hart Lane.
Mon - Fri: 10am-10pm; weekends: 9am-5pm
£2/hour per person.
Collapse AllHaringey Singles - Round 34 | Thursday 1 December 2016 to Wednesday 8 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 4 January 2017)
- Aleksandar Natovski 10.1
- Christopher Nilsson
- Emil Tsekov 9.1
- Ewan Kelsall 9.2
- Grzegorz Ksiazek
- Rowan Metcalfe
- Samuel Gruen 8.2
- Charlie Clinton 8.2
- Eleni Kasapi
- Fred Asquith
- Harriet Ayliffe
- Luca Pusceddu
- Luther Wainwright 8.2
- Norman Freshney 8.2
- Oliver Davey
- Alex Pepe 9.2
- Andrew Rose 10.2
- Atanas Barakov 10.1
- Giuseppe Persiani 10.2
- Kyneil Grant 10.1
- Martin Tucker
- Zac Sargusingh 9.1
- Ana Carrasco Frutos 10.2
- Ashley Marshall 10.2
- Charlotte Appel 9.2
- Chris Ward 8.2
- David Owen 9.2
- Jakub Przeperski 10.2
- Jay Lalljee 9.2
- Jon Sen 10.2
- David Beales 9.2
- Jon Abbey
- Matt Bloor
- Phil Thomas
- Ruth Jakobsen
- Velin Ognyanov
- Will Stevenson
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Haringey archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Haringey.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)