Hastings Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Hastings's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Hastings league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Alexandra Park was opened in 1882 and it is a magnificent setting for tennis - the park was renewed in 2004 and is a Green Flag award winner.
Adults £6.50 per hour, £6.30 students, £3.40 juniors.
Battle Sports Centre
Outdoor courts - Easter until 31st August
Indoor court - Weekends all year round
Outdoors £5.00 per hour; Indoors £14.00 per hour
Helenswood Sports Centre
Four floodlit courts.
During the school term, they are open from 5.30pm on weekdays until 10.30pm
Collapse AllHastings Singles - Round 19 | Thursday 20 October 2016 to Wednesday 14 December 2016 (Midpoint: Wednesday 16 November 2016)
- Martyn Levitt [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Nick Griffith [W1, L1] 3
- Mark Ross [W1, L1] 2
- Ben Mayhew [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Lee Gibson 10.2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Hastings archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Hastings.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)