Friendly, competitive tennis on Greenhead Park, Huddersfield's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllGreenhead Park, Huddersfield Singles - Round 7 | Thursday 23 November 2017 to Wednesday 31 January 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 27 December 2017)
Thanks to all of you for braving the outdoor courts of Greenhead Park for this Winter round, and we were all rewarded with some great contests and enjoyable matches. There were just two groups this round but hopefully with the longer evenings and Spring weather approaching we'll get a few more players again next time. Thanks for your continued support of Greenhead Park, Huddersfield Tennis League!
Congratulations to league debutant Arren for a fantastic run in Group 1, winning all 5 of his matches and claiming the midway bonus points to see him finish 7 points clear of fellow debutant Matthew. Their head to head was the tie of the group, with Arren edging the win in 3 close sets. The group's other 3 setter was between Steve and Mark, which was eventually decided by a tiebreak at 7-6 in the third set. There was some great tennis across the group so well played everyone!
- Arren Khan [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Matthew Bleach [W2, L1] 5 RUNNER UP
- Mark Ludlam [W1, L4] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Peter Davis [W2, L1] 4
- Steve Redfern [W2, L1] 4
- Cara Anderson 10.2 [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentArren Khan bt Matthew Bleach (Dec 17) 4-6, 7-5, 7-5
Congratulations to Andrew who earns himself immediate promotion back up to Group 1 by winning the Group 2 in convincing style, winning all four of his matches and not dropping a set. Andrew's match with runner up Joshua was a close 2 setter, while Joshua showed his fighting spirit to win two 3 set matches against Elizabeth and Khurrum. Well played everyone!
- Andrew Stainton [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Joshua Ross [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Elizabeth Rowan [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Khurrum Saeed 7.2 [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Jonathan Ryan [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Joshua Ross bt Elizabeth Rowan (Dec 3) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Greenhead Park, Huddersfield archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Greenhead Park, Huddersfield.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)