Friendly, competitive tennis on Hyde Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllHyde Park Singles - Round 25 | Thursday 27 April 2017 to Wednesday 21 June 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 24 May 2017)
- Florence Fedder 9.1 [W4, L2] 15 includes 2 bonus points
- Christopher Bischoff [W4] 14 includes 2 bonus points
- Stelian Rosca 9.2 [W2, L2] 12 includes 2 bonus points
- Raleigh Addington [W2, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Alexander Shvorob 9.2 [L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Thomas O'Neal [L2] 3
- Gabriel Vizgirdas [L1] 1
- Aimran Amir [W1, L1] 4
- Patrik Jochnick [W1] 3
- Chihiro Hagiwara 10.1 [L1] 1
- George Barrow 10.2
- Jonathan Bunney 8.2
- Louis Leichtnam 10.2
- Pascal Govi 10.2
- Rolf Erlend Bakke 10.1 [W4] 14 includes 2 bonus points
- Michela Bracali [W2, L1] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Domenico Cirrotti 9.2 [W1, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Claire Banham [L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Alexandra Conway [L1] 1
- Matthew Lechtzier
- Michael Moloney withdrawn
- Shaz Muradova 10.2 [W2, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Siro Descrovi 10.2 [W2] 6
- David Fairweather 9.2 [W2] 6
- Tanya Gurova 9.2 [L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Brittany Hamstra [L1] 1
- Athina Mouzakitou
- Moustafa El-Baqqaly
- Teddy Wang 10.2
- Sonja Cirrotti 10.2 [W1, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Carolena Ludwig 9.2 [W2, L1] 6
- Mairead Kenny 10.2 [W2] 6
- Vera Uboytseva [W1, L2] 4
- Eric Lu [L1] 1
- Anh Vu 10.2
- Daniel Frazer
- Gabriele Papievyte
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Hyde Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Hyde Park.
You earn one point for every set you win and a point for completing a match. Matches are short format. See here for details. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)