Friendly, competitive tennis on Hyde Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllHyde Park Singles - Round 24 | Thursday 24 November 2016 to Wednesday 1 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 28 December 2016)
The winter weather and Christmas period shrunk this round both in terms of number of players and matches played.Thanks to all of you who managed to get on the court, we hope you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to seeing much more tennis in 2017!
Stelian bounced back from the disappointment of losing out on first place by the smallest of margins in the previous round to claim the gold this time thanks to four fantastic wins. Now the table may suggest this was a comfortable win but this was far from the truth as both Timothy and Sinead tested Stelian's nerve forcing deciding match tie-breaks - well played all. Alexander's bonus points prove crucial in the race for the runner up position.
- Stelian Rosca 9.2 [W4] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Alexander Shvorob 9.2 [W1, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Timothy Swan [W1, L1] 5
- Jacob Sandelson [W1] 3
- Sinead Turner 10.2 [L1] 2
- Pascal Govi 10.2 [L2] 1
- Tamara Evstafyeva
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentStelian Rosca bt Timothy Swan (Dec 17) 7-5, 4-6, [10-5]
Hats off Jonathan who managed to play the most matches and record the highest number of wins to achieve fourteen points and consequently the group two title. Domenico also showed fine form to reach double points figures and claim an impressive second place.
- Jonathan Bunney 8.2 [W3, L2] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Domenico Cirrotti 9.2 [W2, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Roger Ohan 10.2 [W2] 6
- Giovanni Beliossi [W2] 6
- Helen Belgrano Operto [L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Teddy Wang 10.2 [L2] 2
- Anna Vershebeniuk 10.2
- Catherine Lloyd
Match of the Group:Giovanni Beliossi bt Jonathan Bunney (Dec 18) 1-4, 5-3, [10-6]
We definitely needed to see more matches played in this group - please do let us know if you need any help! Weiying produced some efficient tennis in her time on the court, comfortably winning two matches and that was enough to finish top of the podium just ahead of Sonja and Mairead who took the silver and bronze respectively.
- Weiying Wang 10.2 [W2] 6 WINNER
- Sonja Cirrotti 10.2 [W1, L2] 5 RUNNER UP
- Mairead Kenny 10.2 [W1, L1] 4
- Lilian Crevatin 10.2 [L1] 1
- Jay Manchi
- Sherveen Faraji 9.2
- Vibushan Sri-Pathma
Match of the Group:Mairead Kenny bt Sonja Cirrotti (Jan 28) 5-3, 4-1
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Hyde Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Hyde Park.
You earn one point for every set you win and a point for completing a match. Matches are short format. See here for details. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)