Friendly, competitive tennis on Hyde Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA for adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a match tiebreak is played. (Long format matches may be played if both players agree.)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won and an extra a point is awarded for completing a match
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllHyde Park Singles - Round 37 | Thursday 28 November 2019 to Wednesday 5 February 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 1 January 2020)
A round of two halves with group two extremely active and group one not so much! It's always a shame to see possible matches go unplayed and do reach out another time if you are having problems. We are here to help if we can!
It was a shame Monica had to withdraw and a shame more matches weren't played but well done to everyone for getting on court at least once! If you are having problems another time, please do let us know and we will help if we can. Paul and Nikita played and won two matches each but unfortunately didn't play each other. So it comes down to fewest sets conceded per matches played. That means Paul takes the top spot this time!
- Paul Roulleaux Dugage [W2] 6 WINNER
- Nikita Korotaev 10.2 [W2] 6 RUNNER UP
- Georgi Chilikov [W1, L2] 4
- Matt Michel [L1] 2
- Sacha McDonnell [L1] 1
- Philippe Jacobs [L1]
- Monica Velasquez withdrawn
Match of the Group:Nikita Korotaev bt Matt Michel (Dec 7) 4-0, 2-4, [10-7]
This was a big group, even after Alexis withdrew, so playing lots of matches was crucial. Monty played three and won them all (including one against the champ, Kozue) but stopped at 3! A great shame! Runner up Simon played and won 4 and also beat Kozue, but Kozue played all seven possible matches and in this league, you get points for matches played! So she wins this time but very well done everyone - lots of great tennis and commitment here!
- Kozue Kanamori 9.2 [W4, L3] 17 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Simon Prockter 9.1 [W4] 14 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Alina Maraghelis [W2, L4] 14 includes 2 bonus points
- Genevieve Bates 9.1 [W3, L2] 13 includes 2 bonus points
- Monty Ali [W3] 9
- Utkarsh Narayan [L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Libby Haas [L2] 3
- Lara Belanyi [L1] 1
- Alexis Maule withdrawn
Match of the Group:Alina Maraghelis bt Libby Haas (Nov 30) 2-4, 4-2, 4-1
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Hyde Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Hyde Park.
You earn one point for every set you win and a point for completing a match. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
In this short-format approved league, matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, and do count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)