Collapse AllKennington & Brockwell Parks Doubles - Round 25 | Thursday 4 July 2019 to Wednesday 11 September 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 7 August 2019)
Getting four players on court at one time is never easy, so playing 70% of the possible matches definitely deserves a round of applause. It looks like it was great fun. Here's to the next round!
All new teams in this group, so which pairing would come through to top the table? In the end there was no catching Paolo & Thiago who romped home with four straight-sets wins. A much closer call for second place with two teams tied on six points. That had to be settled by the head-to-head, and silver goes to Adam & Lewis. Well done everyone for playing all these matches. Hope they were fun!
- Paolo Giua & Thiago Oliveira [W4] 8 WINNER
- Adam Leake & Lewis Jay [W3] 6 RUNNER UP
- Jack Mollart-Solity & Luke Devereux [W3, L1] 6
- Jonathan Walker & Tom Bassett [W2, L2] 5
- Sarah Spottiswood & Timothy Mason [W1, L4, UF1] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- William Gilder & Jack Chamberlain [W1, L5] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Hannah Gow & Arthur Fane [W1, L3, UF1] 3
Match of the Group:William Gilder & Jack Chamberlain bt Jonathan Walker & Tom Bassett (Jul 25) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
What a great set of matches, all brought to life for us at tennis HQ by the sporting and entertaining commentaries. There really shouldn't have been a losing team, at least we suspect Ben & Patrick might feel that way! They notched up five great wins including an epic win over Olivia and James, and yet they were denied the group win by the set conceded in that match and the extra win their opponents were able to play. Thank you both teams for making this such a good group and thank you third-placed Johanna & Polly (and the chasing pack) for playing your part in a memorable round.
- Olivia Bowden & James Fulton [W5, L1] 13 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Ben Walker & Patrick Carty [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Johanna Wiser & Polly Nash [W4, L2] 11 includes 2 bonus points
- Kirsty Allen & Jamie Dowswell [W2, L3, UF1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Charles Holroyd & Sital Gandesha [W1, L3, UF1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Polly Hatfield & Sophia Hadjipateras [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Susannah Chapman & David Anderson [L3] 1
- Paul Duffy & James Cockbill