Collapse AllKennington & Brockwell Parks Doubles - Round 26 | Thursday 3 October 2019 to Wednesday 11 December 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 6 November 2019)
23 matches were played in this round which was nearly half of the total possible. Given how hard it can be to get 4 people on the same court at the same time, that is no mean feat, especially at this time of year. Well done all!
The tennis was definitely lighting up the gloomy weather with some good aggressive play and ding dong battles. David and James top the group, partly thanks to a walkover, but all credit, and bragging rights, to Rhys and Ben who beat them in the head to head.
- David Morley & James Smith [W4, L1] 9 WINNER
- Rhys Spence & Ben Hart [W3] 6 RUNNER UP
- David Morley & Jack Holden [W2, L1] 4
- Robert Archer & Daniel Braithwaite [L1]
- Dylon Pereira & Dion Molamure [L2]
- Nick Finney & Russell Lamb [L2]
- Rocky Matsuura & Holly Haines [L2]
- Thomas Fraser & Miranda Kent
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentRhys Spence & Ben Hart bt David Morley & James Smith (Nov 4) 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
A clear round for Christopher and Alfred who won five matches without dropping a set. With their bonus points, that put them in an unassailable position and they can look forward to promotion next time. Lots of nice match comments here and well done to all who braved the rain! Here's to a balmier spring!
- Christopher Pluck & Alfred Fielder [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Charles Holroyd & Sital Gandesha [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Simon Chisholm & Emelie Jensert [W3, L2] 6
- Johanna Wiser & Polly Nash [W2, L2] 5
- Karina Vorontsova-Heys & Bry O Reilly [L4] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Sarah Jaeger & Fergus McKeown [W1, L4] 2
- Jye Sandiford & Pippa Plummer [L1]