Friendly, competitive tennis on Kilburn Grange Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllKilburn Grange Park Singles - Round 5 | Thursday 15 June 2017 to Wednesday 9 August 2017 (Midpoint: Thursday 13 July 2017)
This was a competitive round with lots of 3-set matches and group wins that came down to who prevailed in the head-to-heads... and with many matches played in hot conditions. Maybe because of the heat - there were some scorching battles - we had a few more unplayed matches than last round, but none the less this is seriously good league tennis!
It couldn't have been closer at the top of this group, with Thomas edging out Mark by virtue of winning their 3-set head to head... with Thomas losing a tight second set tiebreak 8-6 before going on to win the third set 6-4. In fact the group saw no fewer than five 3-set matches which shows how competitive it was, with lots of games going to deuce as well - great play everyone!
- Thomas Coleman [W5, UF1] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Mark Webber [W5, L2] 12 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Sean Cull 10.1 [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Sarathy Korwar [W2, L2, UF1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Michael Grundy [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Finlay Davies 10.1 [L5] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Ben Dean [W1] 2
- Matt Lynch 10.1 [L2] 1
Match of the Group:Thomas Coleman bt Matt Lynch (Jul 3) 6-2, 6-7 (6-8), 6-4
A close group with only one point separating winner Alastair from runner-up Krzysiek, Alastair was helped points won in tight three-set losses and by earning his midway bonus points showing it pays to schedule your matches early! There were three walkovers unfortunately, but congratulations go to Stephen and Alastair, and to Antonio and Alastair for completing three-set matches on really hot days... great effort! Well done to winner Alastair, and commiserations to runner-up Krzysiek.
- Alastair Noble [W2, L3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Krzysiek Filipiak [W3, UF1] 7 RUNNER UP
- Antonio Messina 10.1 [W3, L2] 6
- Stephen Hoffman 9.1 [W1, L1, UF1] 3
- Brendan Wood [W1, L1] 2
- Edoardo Crotta [L3]
- Adam Strang
- Richard Norris 10.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentStephen Hoffman bt Alastair Noble (Jul 2) 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
It was close at the top in this group with 3 players tied on 8 points, with Luca winning due to his head to head results. The match commentaries refer to winning drop shots, powerful serves and great baseline rallies... so we've seen some good all-round tennis skills on display in this group. Well done to our champ Luca and well played everyone!
- Luca Calderone [W4] 8 WINNER
- Clare Wayne [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- Douglas Williams [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Tarah Cunynghame [W2, L2] 4
- Aizhan Konysbayeva 10.2 [W1, L4] 3
- Safia Ogunjimi [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentTarah Cunynghame bt Aizhan Konysbayeva (Aug 6) 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Kilburn Grange Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Kilburn Grange Park.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)