Friendly, competitive tennis on Kilburn Grange Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllKilburn Grange Park Singles - Round 3 | Thursday 12 January 2017 to Wednesday 8 March 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 8 February 2017)
Thanks to everyone who got involved in the first round of 2017, we hope you enjoyed it. Please do continue to help spread the word for this still young league - we'd love to see more matches played and greater competition on the courts!
No doubt about the winner of this group - well done Daniele, six straight wins for the loss of only a few games is some achievement. Can anyone rise to the challenge next time and stop Daniele's march to the top? Hugo certainly made an impression on his league debut, reaching double figures on the points tally to cross the line in second place. Thanks to everyone for their fantastic commitment as all but one match was played.
- Daniele Berretta 10.2 [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Hugo Ballesteros [W4, L2] 11 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Matt Lynch 10.1 [W4, L2] 8
- Adam Johnston [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Bjorn Breytenbach 10.1 [W2, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Finlay Davies 10.1 [W1, L5] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Angelique Lu [L5] 1
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentFinlay Davies bt Angelique Lu (Feb 9) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
This group was quieter than we would of liked due to Richard's withdrawal (hope you're ok) and not everyone getting off the start line. The matches that were played were closely contested and it was Thomas who produced his best tennis when he needed it to win those tight sets and record three victories. Credit also to Sean who finished one point further back and displayed nerves of steel in his 12-10 match tie-break win over Stephen.
- Thomas Coleman [W3] 6 WINNER
- Sean Cull 10.2 [W2, L1] 5 RUNNER UP
- Michael Grundy [W1, L2] 2
- Stephen Warne [L3] 1
- Charles Lepelletier
- Richard Norris 10.2 withdrawn
Match of the Group:Michael Grundy bt Stephen Warne (Feb 26) 6-2, 3-6, 7-5
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Kilburn Grange Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Kilburn Grange Park.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)