Friendly, competitive tennis on Kingston Parks' public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllKingston Parks Singles - Round 6 | Thursday 19 September 2019 to Wednesday 13 November 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 16 October 2019)
And that's Kingston Parks tennis done and dusted for the year. Thank you to everyone who has taken part and helped support a brand of tennis that is giving more and more people the opportunity to play friendly, competitve tennis. The next round starts in January so until then, enjoy the holidays and have a great, tennis-filled New Year!
Jimmy has been a winner in Elmbridge but this was his first Kingston Parks round so many congratulations to him on coming out top dog on his first attempt! It was a great run of victories, unbroken through seven matches and Jimmy added bonus points to his tally. But Siddhartha wasn't going to surrender his group title without a battle and five wins of his own at least earns him a solid silver.
- Jimmy Tournois 8.1 [W7] 16 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Siddhartha Kunzru 8.2 [W5, L2] 13 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Alex Hunt [W4, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Cristian Teichner 10.2 [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Mark Eburne [W1] 2
- Jessica Dunn [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Juan Martiz 9.1 [L3] 1
- Dev O’Nion [L2]
- Robin Harwood [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAlex Hunt bt Siddhartha Kunzru (Oct 19) 1-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7-5)
Philip nailed the group win with nearly twice as many points as runner-up Graham (who should nevertheless be well pleased with his return to the league). This was Philip's first time in the league which makes his win doubly memorable - the first of how many group wins we wonder? Well done to everyone who got on court and contributed to the matchplay this time.
- Philip Niland [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Graham Buckel 10.2 [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- Yo Sato [W1, L3, UF1] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Peter Roberts [W1, UF1] 3
- Leila Panesar Morris 9.2 [L2, UF1] 2
- Espen Roisland 10.2 [L1]
- Michael Grundy [L2, UF1]
- Sam Rohde 10.2 [L1]
- Sebastian Hardman [L2]
Match of the Group:Philip Niland bt Leila Panesar Morris (Oct 14) 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Kingston Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Kingston Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)