Friendly, competitive tennis on Ladywell Fields' public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllLadywell Fields Singles - Round 8 | Thursday 7 December 2017 to Wednesday 14 February 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 10 January 2018)
Almost three quarters of all possible matches were played in this group, so well done for some strong scheduling and dedication to the league! The commitment and enjoyment in this round is clear through the comments and the amount of matches which were played, Ladywell's local tennis league is certainly a great league to be in! Here's to the next round!
Julian managed to clinch the win over Joe with his bonus points being the deciding factor, so congratulations on some great scheduling! Joe managed to remain undefeated and even managed to beat Julian but didn't quite get enough games in to seal the win (and compensate for not earning bonus points!) - but bragging rights to him. Special mention to Rob who came in a close third and was the only other person to earn his bonus points. Also well done to Michael for being the only other player to beat our group leader in an epic 3 set battle, maybe one too many steins the night before eh Julian? Julian also was the winner last round, so he now has back to back titles! Welcome to Henry Barker who is new to the leagues, looking forward to the next round!
- Julian Leichtmann 8.1 [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Joe Randall [W4] 8 RUNNER UP
- Rob Lye 8.2 [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Michael Gibson 10.1 [W2, L2] 6
- Joseph Bell [W2, L3, UF1] 5
- Henry Barker [W1, L4] 3
- Taihei Yamamoto 9.1 [UF1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentMichael Gibson bt Julian Leichtmann (Jan 27) 7-6 (7-5), 4-6, 6-4
It was a close contest in this group between the top 3 with only 2 points separating them all. In the end Paul managed to secure the win but it could have been a different story had Carsten (who was unbeaten) earned his bonus points, well done for some great tennnis! A special mention to Roger who managed a strong showing and came in a close third place. Lots of bonus points were earnt within this group so well done for some fantastic scheduling!
- Paul Rubinstein 9.2 [W4, L1] 11 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Carsten Hovestadt [W5] 10 RUNNER UP
- Roger Price 9.1 [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Oliver Husbands 8.2 [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Herve Savoure [L5] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Jeremie Pochon [W1, L3] 2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentCarsten Hovestadt bt Roger Price (Dec 20) 6-3, 1-6, 7-6 (7-5)
Joe was a new player to our leagues this round and what a strong first round he has had, undefeated and winning the group! Pablo who is also new managed to come in a close 2nd with only one loss to Joe; we can't wait to see what the next round will bring for these newcomers! The group struggled a little bit for matches here, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Welcome back to Jen who had had a short break from our leagues.
- Joe Hellawell [W4] 8 WINNER
- Pablo Garrido [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Raymond Warburton [W1, L2] 3
- Antonis Yfantis [L2]
- Jen Botezat 10.2 [L3]
- Sean Thurkle
Match of the Group:Pablo Garrido bt Raymond Warburton (Dec 21) 3-6, 7-5, 7-5
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Ladywell Fields archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Ladywell Fields.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)