Friendly, competitive tennis on Ladywell Fields's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllLadywell Fields Singles - Round 4 | Thursday 26 January 2017 to Wednesday 22 March 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 22 February 2017)
Fantastic to see the league grow back up to three groups in this round, we hope to see the numbers continue to rise now the longer days and warmer temperatures are on their way. Thanks to everyone for all their efforts, we saw some exciting tennis and many epic contests across the groups. Until next time!
Christopher was the only player to earn his bonus points and his excellent scheduling combined with consistent tennis proved a force to be reckoned with as he went on to top the podium. Christopher didn't have it all his own way, as runner up Joe put up a strong fight in their epic head to head, characterised by "big serves and long rallies" and third placed Jordan went one better by beating Christopher to claim the bragging rights as the only player to do so.
- Christopher Jeppesen 9.1 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Joe Randall [W3, L1] 7 RUNNER UP
- Jordan Cordner [W2, L1] 4
- Minh Tran [W2, L2] 4
- Taihei Yamamoto 9.2 [W1, L3] 3
- Jake Horslen [L1] withdrawn 1
- Ben Sheppee [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentChristopher Jeppesen bt Joe Randall (Mar 4) 6-4, 5-7, 6-0
There was lots of close competition throughout this group and therefore it came as no surprise that the race for top spot came down to the wire as Patrick and John finished level on ten points each. Unfortunately for John, Patrick came flying out of the blocks in their head to head to take a comfortable straight sets victory and get his name on the trophy. Round of applause to you all for providing us with such exciting tennis in many marathon encounters - rest up ahead of next time!
- Patrick Bradley 10.1 [W5] 10 WINNER
- John Ronayne 10.1 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Ben Taylor [W4, L1] 9
- Lahiru Dayananda 10.2 [W3, L4] 8
- Shamil Sharshek 10.2 [W3, L3] 7
- Eoin O'callaghan [W1, L5] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Macalister Bexon 10.1 [L5] 3
- Jamie Drucker [L1] withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentShamil Sharshek bt Eoin O'callaghan (Mar 5) 6-4, 5-7, 6-4
Paul seemed to be in a hurry as he sprinted through his matches, winning five without dropping a set to claim a magnificent maiden title. Josef couldn't quite keep up with Paul's pace on the court but matched his scheduling skills to earn his bonus points and this combined with some determined performances saw Josef cross the line ahead of Jenny in second.
- Paul Rubinstein 10.1 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Josef Dunne 10.1 [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Jenny Thompson [W2, L1] 4
- Octavia Holland [W1, L1] 2
- Jen Botezat 10.2 [L2] 1
- Yolanda Margarit [L2]
- John McMahon [L1]
- Maximilian Fyfe
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJosef Dunne bt Jen Botezat (Feb 17) 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Ladywell Fields archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Ladywell Fields.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)