Friendly, competitive tennis on Leamington & Warwick's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllLeamington & Warwick Singles - Round 20 | Thursday 17 September 2020 to Wednesday 4 November 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 14 October 2020)
A shame we had to end the round early because of the new lockdown but not before lots of matches were played! We welcomed a couple of new players to the league and there was plenty of on court action across the 3 groups. Great effort and we look forward to getting going again soon!
Congratulations to Nav for a successful defence of his title, winning 3 matches and earning midway bonus points to finish 2 points clear of runner up Enrique. Nav was taken to 3 sets by David in a "game of two halves" with Nav having to "refocus and dig deep" to win the third set, and David also proved a "really tough opponent" against Enrique.
- Nav Aulkh [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Enrique Suarez [W3] 6 RUNNER UP
- David Morey [L2] 1
- Alex Mott [L2]
- Luca Martinengo [L2]
- Martin Durrant
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentNav Aulkh bt David Morey (Sep 21) 6-0, 3-6, 6-3
This was a closely contested group with Tom and Harpal tied on 10 points apiece from 5 matches played, and their head to head started off close but wasn't completed... so the title was decided by Tom's extra match win. He had a "cracking match" against Callum whose "knifed backhand slices were literally unplayable at times" but Tom managed to edge the win, while Callum had a solid 3 set win against Simon.
- Tom Courtenay-Evans [W4, UF1] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Harpal Singh [W3, L1, UF1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Simon Rutter [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Callum Roberts [W2, L1] 5
- Darin Crosby 9.1 [L3] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Juan Brito [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentCallum Roberts bt Simon Rutter (Sep 22) 6-1, 5-7, 6-2
This was a fairly quiet group with several matches left unplayed, however Martin's combination of 2 match wins and midway bonus points for scheduling saw him top the table, a single point clear of Rod in runner up spot. Kudos to Rod for beating the champ in an exciting 2 setter with Rod winning on his third match point in a close second set tiebreak.
- Martin Gray 9.2 [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Rod Bond 10.2 [W2, UF1] 5 RUNNER UP
- Neil Russell 9.2 [W2] 4
- Angelika Durrant [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Andy Silver [W1, L2, UF1] 3
- Krishan Bhardwaj [L1]
- Robin Bradbury
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentRod Bond bt Martin Gray (Sep 22) 6-2, 7-6 (7-5)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Leamington & Warwick archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Leamington & Warwick.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)