Friendly, competitive tennis for women on Lee Valleys public courts
You are just a step away from joining our singles league for women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a singles league just for women
- Groups are put together by standard
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For all women over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllLee Valley Women's Singles - Round 4 | Thursday 14 June 2018 to Wednesday 22 August 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 11 July 2018)
The heat, the closure of the venue for the women's World Cup hockey and several withdrawals all meant this was a quieter round than we might have hoped. We are keen to keep the women's league going if we can and are very keen to get more women playing, so do spread the word!
Well done Kaisa who tops the group with 3 wins out of three. Alice tied on points and played an extra match but lost the head to head so is runner up. Like Kate, who came third, Alice and Kaisa did very well to get their bonus points in what was a slightly quiet group, especially after Jenny withdrew. Do hope you can get more matches another time.
- Kaisa Proos [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Alice Wood [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Kate Youde 9.2 [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Louise Blomqvist 10.1 [L2]
- Margarita Perez Herra [L2]
- Jenny Greenfield withdrawn
Match of the Group:Alice Wood bt Louise Blomqvist (Jul 5) 6-2, 6-1
Congratulations go to Cass who won both her matches without dropping a set! Well played Stephanie is runner up with one win and one loss. Two withdrawals severely restricted this group and it was a real shame not to get more matches played as we are very keen to build up this women's league and get more women playing! Many thanks to all who did play and also for your match commentaries which make all the difference!
- Cass Kalogirou [W2] 4 WINNER
- Stephanie Ng [W1, L1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Julia Selkovenko [L1]
- Lucy Wake [L1]
- Debbie Lampon withdrawn
- Liz Rippington withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentStephanie Ng bt Lucy Wake (Jun 23) 6-1, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Lee Valley Women's archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Lee Valley Women's .
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)