Friendly, competitive tennis on Leicester's public courts
Local Tennis Leagues is for anyone, no matter your tennis experience. Play YOUR way.
Join thousands of players in hundreds of Leagues across the UK. Whatever your standard, we’ll find you great matches!
Local Tennis Leagues is a place for friendly tennis, where you can meet like-minded people and make new friends.
Join us now!
KEEN TO JOIN?
From the dates above, choose your Round and click on the Join By link. If the Round is currently running, and it's before the mid-point, you can sign up as a late joiner here. Otherwise, check back soon for info about the next Round.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who plays 3 matches by the mid-point of any Round can claim a FREE tube of tennis balls! Plus, there are great offers in our shop.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Players are organised into groups of 6 to 8 players of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page the day before the Round begins
- Players arrange their own matches, book courts and share costs
- You can play on any court that suits both players
THE LEAGUE IS:
- For anyone over the age of 18
- For beginners as well as advanced players
- There are various scoring formats you can use for your match
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page the day before the Round begins
- Players are placed in groups according to their ITF World Tennis Number
- Each player attempts to play each of the other players in their group once during the Round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you play 3 matches before the mid-point of a Round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the Round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop
See here for the complete rules and regulations.
New players will need to create an account with us and include their LTA Advantage Number before joining a Round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players, you can join the next Round here.
For everything you need to know before you get started see the FAQs and review the Rules and Regulations, which all players agree to adhere to when playing in the Leagues.
If you notice any of our venue information is out of date, missing court costs or opening hours, please let us know.
Victoria ParkLeicester, LE1 7RY Tel: full venue details »
Leicester University Sports CentreRoger Bettles Sports Centre, 40 Manor Road, Oadby, LE2 2LL Tel: 0116 223 1500 full venue details »
Abbey ParkAbbey Park Road, Leicester, LE4 5AQ Tel: full venue details »
Kirby Muxloe Tennis CourtsCourt Close, Kirby Muxloe, Leicestershire, LE9 2DD Tel: full venue details »
Evington ParkLE5 6EA Tel: full venue details »
Aylestone Playing FieldsLeicester, LE3 2FH Tel: full venue details »
Knighton ParkLE2 3RR Tel: full venue details »
Shakespeare ParkAvon Road, Braunstone Town, Leicestershire, LE3 3AB Tel: full venue details »
Thorpe Astley Tennis CourtsOff Lakin Drive, Thorpe Astley, Leicester, LE3 3RU Tel: full venue details »
Welland ParkWelland Park Road, Market Harborough, LE16 9DN Tel: full venue details »
Ellis ParkBrabazon Road, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 4AB Tel: full venue details »
Humberstone ParkLE5 4DG Tel: full venue details »
Monks Rest GardensVicarage Lane, Humberstone, Leicester, LE5 1EE Tel: full venue details »
Western ParkLeicester, Leicestershire, LE3 6HX Tel: 0116 454 1003 full venue details »
Carisbrooke Lawn Tennis ClubKenwood Road, Knighton, Leicester, LE2 3PF Tel: 07816 067 653 full venue details »
Ashby Castle Lawn Tennis ClubSouth Street, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire, LE65 1BQ Tel: full venue details »
Enderby Lawn Tennis ClubMill Lane, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 4LX Tel: full venue details »
Leicester Forest East Tennis ClubHinckley Road, Leicester Forest East, Kirby Muxloe, LE3 3PJ Tel: full venue details »
Rothley Ivanhoe Tennis ClubMountsorrel Lane, Rothley, Leicestershire, LE7 7PS Tel: full venue details »
Collapse AllLeicester Singles - Round 35 | Thursday 6 April 2023 to Wednesday 31 May 2023 (Midpoint: Wednesday 3 May 2023)
- "Good match with different styles on display! Just got over the line in a tight second set." -- Thomas
- "This was a match that probably would have ended very differently if we'd played on a faster surface. As it was I managed to defend well enough to snatch both sets against a technically great player. Good luck in your next matches Huan." -- Paul
- "To sum this match up, the first set could have gone either way, and the second in no way reflected the actual balance of play. James played very well throughout, and I hope we can have another hit soon. Good luck in your next one." -- Paul
- "This is probably my best singles win of the career. Excellent player with lots of different skills. It took me about a set and a half to realise what I should be doing to get me back into the match. Absolute grueller lasting well over 2 hours. Final set very interesting with neither holding serve until the later stages. " -- Sam
- "What a marathon! Well played Paul, was a super tough match but fully enjoyable. All the best with the season, cheers " -- Joe
- "Very technically good tennis player, some really excellent shots, but just a few more unforced errors than myself. Had some good rallies. " -- Sam
- "Good hit that was, thanks Owain, good luck with the rest of the matches" -- Huanjia
- "Owain played really well and I had to be on top of my game to get the win this time. Many of the games went to deuce, but fortunately for me most of these went my way and I was a little fortunate to take both sets. Thanks for coming over o Kibworth mate, and I hope you enjoyed your breakfast later!" -- Paul
- "Good game and long rallies - Owain made me work for it and it felt like I had a bit of luck on my side. Good luck for the rest of the season! " -- James
- "This was quite a short match between me and Tom at only an hour and a half, mainly bacause both of us had decided to be more agressive rather than wait for someone to miss. Both of us had a number of chances to win games that we didn't take, but I managed to just edge both sets. Always a pleasure to play you Tom and good luck in your next match." -- Paul
- "tbc " -- Thomas
- "The long anticipated 3rd set - so much closer than the score suggests it was tense throughout! I think it just came down to play on the day! Good luck for the last few matches" -- James
- "This was a great match to play in and the result was decided by only about half a dozen key points. Looking forward to playing you again Sam and good luck in your next matches. " -- Paul
- "Great match in the sun! Some close games and a really tough challenge! " -- Joe
- "Nice to meet Daryl again, played at Enderby Club. Some great shot placements from Darryl especially on the run, something I'll try add to my game. Darryl's clearly going through a dip in form, but I expect he'll return to full form after taking a break. Thanks Darryl, see you soon." -- Christopher
- "One of the toughest and physically draining match I ever played, we started at 7.30pm and didnt finish until 10.30pm. Chris was even more consistent than usual and kept the ball deep which made it very difficult for me to attack. Great match, really enjoyed it! " -- Lin
- "Another tough match against Vinay. The first set was an absolute epic with momentum swinging both ways, lots of long rallies and hard fought points. The second set was a lot closer than the score suggests, almost all the games went to deuce. Look forward to a rematch soon! " -- Lin
- "Great match up and much closer overall game than the score looks. Thanks David" -- Chris
- "Really close match, Chris played a very offensive game and put the pressure on! Lots of duece and ad games in both sets taking the second to a tie break. Tough 2 hour battle and really enjoyed it. Thanks Chris." -- Chris
- "Great match against Darryl as usual, both of us were just going for winners today and there were some fantastic points played, really enjoyed it!" -- Lin
- "Some great rally's and points played. Really enjoyed it. Thanks Darryl " -- Chris
- "Great match, lots of deuce and close games. Pleasure playing Darryl again. Good luck in the rest mate" -- Chris
- "Glad to pull this out of the bag after being 2 - 5 down in the second set! Overall both players evenly matched, with myself managing to pull away in the third. Happy to have met for another close game and look forward to the next one!" -- Christopher
- "Good match with tough conditions in the wind today. Close games and a closer match than the score suggests. Thanks Mayur, enjoyed it." -- Chris
- "Great game really enjoyed it, i think i was lucky to get the first set as a few miss hits saved me! Second was closer than score looks as well lots of great rallies. See you next buddy" -- Chris
- "Really close match as the score suggests. Some good points played and Vinay certainly had me running more than planned! Really enjoyed it, thanks mate." -- Chris
- "As always, pleasure to play against you Darryl! Once again, the scores do not do you any justice! Nearly every game went to deuce and was super close. Good luck with the rest of your matches mate. " -- Vinay
- "Some nice rallies and nice guy more rallies and close points than the score suggests good luck in future matches mate " -- Darryl
- "Very good match. Lots of close games and Lin played some great points." -- Chris
- "Very nice evening for a tennis match. A close match, with the luck of the net cord going my way in the first set. Good match Tim, very enjoyable. " -- Oliver
- "Keep playing bro you are on a good road, thank you for a nice morning! :)" -- Daniel
- "Good game Sanoj. Thanks. " -- Michal
- "Enjoyable sunny afternoon in Victoria park with some decent rallys. Thank you bro! :)" -- Daniel
- "It was a closer match than the score suggests with some long rallies and incredible shots from both of us ! We were serving well yet managed to keep breaking each others serve upto 3-2 to me, but then I held serve and got a 4-2 lead. Finally the set closed at 6-3. The next set the wind had picked up but inspite of that the first game involved a lot of running- a game that exhausted both of us and led to a lot of double faults in the games that followed. Having got ahead, i held on and eventually came out with a 6-1 set win. Well played Alex. It was a great game and the more games you play, the more you are going to be a great challenger in this tennis league. Look forward to the next one." -- Tim
- "Luckily the weather remained dry most of our match. We had plenty of deuce games and a few long rallies. Also some excellent serves and return. Although Alex was a bit rusty both of us enjoyed the match. Alex good luck with rest of your matches." -- Tharmananthar
- "It was Alex's first match after not playing for many years. He was naturally a bit rusty but played some great shots and hit some good serves. Thanks for the game and I wish you well for your games to come." -- Sanoj
- "At 2-2 in the first set the key was probably who would break the other person's serve first. A close game of a few deuces resulted in me getting the break and then later a second break, taking the set 6-2. The second set followed a similar pattern and with Mark's serve being more consistent and powerful it was again a question of who might be broken first. Then with the score in games at 2-2 I again got the crucial break and advantage, finally again winning 6-2. Great game and well played Mark. Good luck with your future matches" -- Tim
- "Intense 2h match with very long rallys in a good evening weather. Thank you Oliver and best of luck for the next matches! :)" -- Daniel
- "Nice to play Shankar again. Enjoyable match. Lots of close games going to deuce, I just managed to hang in on them. Good luck for the rest of your matches!" -- Mark
- "A good close match. The first set was influenced by the setting sun a lot and rather than trying to break each other's serve we were trying to win games with the sun our eyes. Fortunately I got an early advantage to go 3-2 up when I had just faced the sun- a big advantage . I then took the set 6-2. The second set was fortunately without any effects of the sun . At 1-1 , a close third game went to several deuces, several advantages to both us. Finally getting the break in that game gave me an advantage. Nevertheless we both battled on through the set till I won 6-2. Well played Sanoj. Great to meet you. I look forward to future matches." -- Tim
- "Cloudy afternoon in Victoria park with nice rallys and many deuces. Thank you Sanoj for a perfect day! :)" -- Daniel
- "Sunny afternoon at Victoria Park. Good to play Daniel again. Close competitive match. Got lucky on the first point with a defensive high ball that dropped in. Managed to maintain my lead and close out the first set. Daniel broke and stayed in front for most of the second but I managed to pull it back and win. Lots of great points and rallies. Look forward to playing again!" -- Mark
- "It was challenging and enjoyable mach. So many duces.... Good luck with your next ones Oliver." -- Michal
- "Good conditions for a good game of tennis. Well played Shankar and good luck with your future games" -- Tim
- "A closer match than the score suggests. I remember some key moments at 1-1 in the first set with the game going to deuce and it seeming like an important game for whover took it, likewise at 1-1 in the second set. We had some great rallies throughout and it definitely could have swung either way. Well played Michael and good luck with your remaining games" -- Tim
- "Much better weather than expected after a very wet morning! Close match with lots of good rallies. Got lucky and broke a couple of times after long games but Sanoj kept it close. Thanks for the match and good luck for the rest of your games." -- Mark
- "A good match in interesting conditions. Gusty winds and bright sunset made for some interesting points. Good luck Shankar for your remaining matches" -- Oliver
- "Thank you Tim for a perfect evening, good luck with your next matches! :)" -- Daniel
- "There were many close games, some fine shots and long rallies. Well played to Shankar and all the best for your future matches." -- Sanoj
- "Great match during 2h and half, a lot of come backs long rallys and nice endurance. Thanks Michal see you next time! :)" -- Daniel
- "Good game in full sun. Good luck in your next mach. Thanks. " -- Michal
- "Enjoyable match with some good long rallies. Good luck in future rounds Shivan. " -- Philip
- "Great to play you again Phil best of luck in your remaining matches " -- Aaron
- "Really enjoyable match I've never ran so fast around a court " -- Kevin
- "A nice game played in a quiet location in Kirby Muxloe. It was great to meet Shivan and you could see he has good potential. This was shown when we had a practice set following the match. Keep going Shivan - good luck for your remaining games!" -- Darren
- "A very tough match, especially in the second set when I was 5-4 down. It was a very enjoyable game with some great rallies. Good luck for the rest of your games Phil." -- Darren
- "Nice guy well played " -- Aaron
- "Great to get this first match done. Thanks for hosting this bout Darren. It took a couple of games to get used to the surface. " -- Aaron
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Leicester archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous Rounds matches for Leicester.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who play three or more matches by the mid-point of the Round receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize. Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link emailed to the player.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Players' names, W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added).
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form.