Friendly, competitive tennis on Lichfield & Burntwood's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllLichfield & Burntwood Singles - Round 10 | Thursday 10 May 2018 to Wednesday 4 July 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 6 June 2018)
"This league has been one of exemplary good sports and a pleasure to play"; Paul beautifully summed up this round after Lichfield & Burntwood impressed with almost 100% of matches being played! Some fantastic dedication and commitment to each other was shown throughout which is commendable. Well done on making this a shining example of a league!
Congratulations to Paul on what could be considered a 'perfect' score in his debut round to the league. Not only did he managed to play everyone in the group, he beat them too! Early scheduling meant that he earned his bonus points as well which gave him a maximum and unbeatable total of 10 points in this group. The runner up spot was earned by David who also managed to play everyone with his only loss coming at the hands of the eventual champ. In fact everyone played all of their matches which is a great achievement from everyone in the group. Thank you all for your continued efforts in your scheduling and playing! We'd also like to welcome Oliver who secured third place - well done for a very nice debut.
- Paul Johnson [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- David Rule [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Oliver Spillett [W2, L2] 5
- David Brown [W1, L3] 3
- Shaun Slight [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentOliver Spillett bt David Brown (Jun 20) 6-1, 6-7 (5-7), 6-3
Nick stormed his way to the top of Group 2 with an outstanding 100% win record from all of his matches in his comeback round. Some superior scheduling also earned him his bonus points! Second place was a tighter affair as there was only one point separating both Julie and James who were both also returning to the league this round. They played in an epic three set match in which Julie managed to just clinch the win 7-5 in the third set and that was the extra point that gave her the runner up place. Well done!
- Nick Richards 8.2 [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Julie Graddon [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- James Palmer [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Shaun Graham [W1, L2] 3
- Hywel Davies [L4]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJulie Graddon bt Shaun Graham (Jun 16) 6-2, 0-6, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Lichfield & Burntwood archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Lichfield & Burntwood.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)