Friendly, competitive tennis on Lincoln's Inn's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a matchtiebreak is played (see linl on right)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllLincoln's Inn Singles - Round 24 | Thursday 11 January 2018 to Wednesday 7 March 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 7 February 2018)
- Luiz Camara 9.1 [W2, L2, UF1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Juan Lopez Gomez [W3] 6
- Franklin Dusserre [W2] 4
- Stephen Webb [W1, UF1] 2
- Niccolò Massa [L3]
- Omer Cavusoglu 9.2 [L1]
- Richard Day 9.1 [L2] withdrawn
- John Pedra
- Jock Hamilton 10.2 [W4, UF1] 9
- Ankit Parasrampuria [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Alan Revel 8.1 [W2, L2, UF2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Matthew Whiteley [W2, L1] 4
- Jonathan Bunney 8.2 [W1, L1, UF1] 3
- Christopher Edwards 9.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Wouter Denhaan [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Aniruddha Barua 10.1 [L1]
- Kevin Egan [W3] 6
- Zahir Kasmani 10.2 [W3, L1] 6
- Peter Ward [W2, L1] 4
- Margaret Kelly 10.2 [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Justin Warshaw [L3]
- Barnaby Hone
- Vance Power
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Lincoln's Inn archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Lincoln's Inn.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)