Lincoln's Inn Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Lincoln's Inn's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Lincoln's Inn league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a matchtiebreak is played (see linl on right)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Lincolns Inn Fields Tennis Courts
Camden will take advance online tennis bookings for up to 5 weeks in advance. However please note that you will still be able to turn up and play, if you go to the hut and pay, until the 6th June 2016, after which point you shall be expected to book online. You are not able to make advance bookings at the hut.
8am until the last hour before the park closes at dusk
£11.65/hour (£4.45/hour senior citizens)
Two floodlit courts.
Weekdays: £12/hour; Weekends: £9/hour
Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Sports Facility
Two floodlit courts.
£7/hour peak (Mon-Fri 4:30pm - 8pm and weekends); £4.50/hour off peak.
Collapse AllLincoln's Inn Singles - Round 20 | Thursday 12 January 2017 to Wednesday 8 March 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 8 February 2017)
- Etan Ilfeld 8.1
- Gary Dunn
- Jason Chainey 10.2
- Joseba Etxabe
- Luiz Camara 9.2
- Max Turnell 10.2
- Omer Cavusoglu 10.2
- Pierluigi Ricchiuti
- Stelian Rosca 10.1
- Alan Revel 10.2
- Andres Barrios 10.2
- Aniruddha Barua 10.2
- Gilles Dufrasne
- Sam Bravery 10.2
- Stephen Webb
- Tony Foreman 8.2
- Jonathan Bunney 9.1
- Josh Viney
- Kevin Egan
- Paul C Bentall
- Phil Varnavides
- Vidur Taneja 10.2
- Aaron Manku 10.1
- Carla Graves 10.2
- Henry Yu
- Justin Warshaw
- Katharine Scott
- Linda O'Halloran
- Segolene Lapeyre 10.2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Lincoln's Inn archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles and Doubles matches Lincoln's Inn.
You earn one point for every set you win. Matches are short format. See here for details. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)