Friendly, competitive tennis on Lincoln's Inn's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a matchtiebreak is played (see linl on right)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllLincoln's Inn Singles - Round 20 | Thursday 12 January 2017 to Wednesday 8 March 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 8 February 2017)
Thanks everyone who got involved this round, and we hope you enjoyed it - when players did get matches in, more often than not it was a highly competitive affair. Just a shame there weren't more of them in some cases!
Spactacular round from Jason, who takes the gold with no fewer than 7 wins, usurping previous group winner Luiz, who takes the silver. Special mention to Joseba too, who found himself with an injury after his first match, ending on a cliffhanger at 5-4 in the 3rd set against Jason! Well played all.
- Jason Chainey 10.1 [W7] 16 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Luiz Camara 9.2 [W4, L3] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Max Turnell 10.2 [W4, L2] 8
- Omer Cavusoglu 10.1 [W2, L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Etan Ilfeld 8.1 [W2] 4
- Stelian Rosca 9.2 [L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Gary Dunn [W1, L3] 3
- Joseba Etxabe [L1] 1
- Pierluigi Ricchiuti [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentMax Turnell bt Gary Dunn (Feb 26) 6-4, 1-6, 6-4
Although not a huge amount of tennis got played in this round, when players did get on to the courts there were some fantastic matchups of which the majority went to 3 sets. Round of applause to our group winner Stephen who takes the win this time with 2 wins, and to group runner up Andres too, who managed to get the highest number of matches in too (3).
- Stephen Webb [W2] 4 WINNER
- Andres Barrios 10.1 [W1, L1, UF1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Alan Revel 9.2 [W1] 2
- Gilles Dufrasne [L1, UF1] 1
- Tony Foreman 8.2 [L2] 1
- Aniruddha Barua 10.1
- Sam Bravery 10.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAndres Barrios bt Tony Foreman (Feb 12) 5-4, 4-5, 5-4
Vidur, Jonathan and Paul were all vying for the top spot this round, with all 3 players tying with 4 points each. However, with wins against both Jonathan and Paul, it's Vidur that takes the spot at the top of the podium this round! Well played Vidur and to all involved, and a special mention to Paul who was the only player that managed to claim his bonus points and prize!
- Vidur Taneja 10.1 [W2] 4 WINNER
- Jonathan Bunney 8.2 [W2, L1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Paul C Bentall [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Kevin Egan [W1] 2
- Josh Viney [L1]
- Phil Varnavides [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentVidur Taneja bt Jonathan Bunney (Feb 19) 4-2, 4-1
Only one match played this round...what happened!? Please do get in touch if you were having problems arranging matches this round. Well played Katherine and Henry for getting onto the court regardless, and congratulations Katherine on the win!
- Katharine Scott [W1] 2 WINNER
- Henry Yu [L1] RUNNER UP
- Aaron Manku 10.1
- Carla Graves 10.2
- Justin Warshaw withdrawn
- Linda O'Halloran
- Segolene Lapeyre 10.2
Match of the Group:Katharine Scott bt Henry Yu (Feb 12) 7-5, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Lincoln's Inn archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Lincoln's Inn.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)