Friendly, competitive tennis on Liverpool's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllLiverpool Singles - Round 8 | Thursday 30 November 2017 to Wednesday 7 February 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 3 January 2018)
Another excellent round in Liverpool Tennis League and it's great to see the quality of tennis going from strength to strength! Both groups were keenly contested with lots of competitive matches, and it was good to have 2 groups again in the Winter season. Over two thirds of the matches were played which is a great effort, so we're already looking forward to Round 9!
Congratulations to Michael for making a successful return to Liverpool Tennis League by claiming the Group 1 crown in impressive style, winning all 6 matches and picking up the bonus points for scheduling too. Danny finished just 3 points behind with 4 match wins and he gave Michael a run for his money in their head to head, taking it to 3 sets and earning the accolade from Michael that "Danny is a pain in the best sense of the word" for running everything down! There were close matches too between Michael & Rob and Danny & Xabier. Well played everyone!
- Michael Petalas [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Danny Gallagher 9.1 [W4, L1] 11 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Xabier Garmendia 9.2 [W3, L2] 7
- Rob Slade 6.2 [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Peter Baxter 10.2 [W1, L4] 2
- Steven Segerberg 10.1 [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Simon Grady [L1] withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentMichael Petalas bt Danny Gallagher (Dec 22) 6-4, 5-7, 7-5
Congratulations to Edward for coming top of Group 2 at his first attempt, to earn promotion back to Group 1 next time, winning all 4 of his matches played. Roger was runner up on his league debut with 3 wins and picking up the midway bonus points too for good scheduling skills (as did Ernie). There were some close tussles in this group including Roger's wins over Astushi and Ernie, both of which went to tiebreaks in the first set, and Barbara played well to take a set off Roger in their match.
- Edward Mills 9.2 [W4] 8 WINNER
- Roger Colman [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Atsushi Uchida 10.1 [W2, L2] 4
- Barbara Colman 9.2 [W1, L3] 3
- Michael Williams 8.2 [W1] 2
- Ernie Traynor [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Eleanor Ehlen 10.2 withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentRoger Colman bt Ernietraynor Traynor (Dec 27) 7-6 (7-1), 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Liverpool archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Liverpool.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)