Friendly, competitive tennis on Manchester Parks's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Manchester Parks league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllManchester Parks Singles - Round 8 | Thursday 23 February 2017 to Wednesday 19 April 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 22 March 2017)
- Alex Whitington
- James Mercer
- Jason Pestel
- Jill Fernando 5.2
- Konrad Kwasigroch
- Nick Lote 7.1
- Rodrigo Cristina 7.1
- Shaf Rahman
- Adam Smethurst
- Adrian Dallas 9.2
- John Daggett
- Richard Dishington 9.1
- Richard Lucas
- Ryan Brook
- Sam Moreton
- Sonya Axon
- Bradley Horrocks 9.2
- Cameron Spence 10.2
- Christopher Dean 8.2
- David Klofac 9.2
- Dominic Fernando 10.1
- Greg Riddell
- Ryan Hope
- Bev Harley 10.1
- Chibuike Iruloh
- Craig Hewitt
- Leah Hartshorne
- Sam Powell
- Sue Goodwin 10.2
- Clement Beyrouthy
- John Watson
- Kevin Leavy
- Liang Sun 10.2
- Sam Brind
- Shakeel Aslam
- Bernadette Mason
- Evan Frankie Pearson
- Mark Bate
- Mateusz Plesniak
- Sarah Spence
- Silvia Meloni
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Manchester Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Manchester Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)