New River Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on New River's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the New River league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
Friendly, competitive tennis in New River!
Adult players of all standards are warmly invited to join this friendly league. Everyone is welcome.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
New River Tennis Club
New River Lawn Tennis Club aims to encourage everyone in the local community to play more and better tennis. The club provides a year round programme of low cost tennis classes with classes to suit all ages and abilities.
If two members play each other, the allowance is taken from that of the person who booked the court.
If a member plays a non-member, it is £4 plus 1 hour from the member's 2 hours of allocated indoor use.
As of 14 August, 2015:
Mon – Fri: 6:30am – 10:30pm
Sat –Sun 08:00am – 8pm
Indoors: £20 per hour peak and £15 per off peak Outdoors: £4.80 (including floodlights) See venue website for details
Collapse AllNew River Singles - Round 7 | Thursday 19 January 2017 to Wednesday 15 March 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 15 February 2017)
- Atanas Barakov 9.2
- Ben Leach
- Christian Spittle 8.2
- Emil Tsekov 8.1
- Ivan Pondev 8.1
- Mark Crooks 7.2
- Tim Rogers 9.1
- Tommy Power
- Edward Barrett 9.1 [W1] 2
- Peter Willis 9.2 [L1]
- Charlie Clinton 8.2
- Kyneil Grant 10.1
- Lukasz Lukaszewski 9.1
- Norman Freshney 8.2
- Peter Mattravers 9.1
- Tim Weatherseed 10.2
- Charlotte Appel 9.2
- Claire Frost 10.2
- Jaroslaw Laka
- Jonathan Hagos
- Michael Ross 8.2
- Nicholas Mott 9.2
- Tom Lewis
Looking for previous matches? Visit the New River archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for New River.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)