Collapse AllNorth Tyneside Singles - Round 13 | Thursday 27 June 2019 to Wednesday 21 August 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 24 July 2019)
Lucky for some, and unlucky for others, Round 13 of the league continues to provide some excellent matches as your great commentaries bear testimony to. Thank you for all your support and if you can spread the word as we head to the late summer and early autumn round, we would be really grateful!
Unfortunately we unavoidably lost defending champion, Paul, early on in the round but that opened up the battle and Stuart was able to take advantage, winning his remaining matches and picking up his bonus points. In a group where matches were otherwise a little hard to come by, Stuart was able to amass an unassailable lead.
- Stuart Mcgowan [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Simon Addis [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Paul Kearns 7.2 [W1] withdrawn 2
- Craig Taylor [W1, L2] 2
- Edwin Cartledge [L1] 1
- James Gray 9.1 [L1] 1
- James Driver 10.2 [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentCraig Taylor bt Edwin Cartledge (Aug 20) 6-1, 4-6, 6-1
A fantastic set of match commentaries really brings this group alive - thank you. And what a debut performance from Mark who was unbeaten in the round. He didn't have it all his own way though as Chris and Stephen both took him the distance! For Stephen we hope that is some consolation in a round where he was unlucky not to win a match, and for Chris this was the match that provided the point allowing him to edge ahead of Sam in the points race. Great tennis everyone!
- Mark Philipp Morgan [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Chris Deeney [W3, L1] 9 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Sam Donovan [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Chris Stanworth [W2, L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Peter McCue 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Stephen Bowens [L4] 2
- Dick Curran [L2]