Friendly, competitive tennis on Norwich Parks Women's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our singles league for women (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a singles league just for women
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For all women!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllNorwich Parks Women Singles - Round 5 | Thursday 3 August 2017 to Wednesday 27 September 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 30 August 2017)
A great round for the Norwich Parks Women’s League! The scorelines show that all players got some really exciting matches, with long rallies, plenty of deuce points and tight sets. It’s interesting to see that in both groups, the only two players to score bonus points were the ones who came top of the group – keen match organisation can make all the difference! Looking forward to the next round!
Congratulations to Rosanna, who comes top of Group 1 thanks to an impressive clean sweep of four match wins! Liliya and Linda played a tight three sets with plenty of deuces, Julie and Linda had great rallies, Liz and Liliya enjoyed their match in the sunshine, Rosanna and Linda had a dramatic tiebreak, Julie and Liz had two very close sets, and Liz and Linda played an exhausting three-setter!
- Rosanna Ball 8.2 [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Liz Somerville [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Linda May 9.1 [W1, L3] 4
- Julie Cooper [W2, L2] 4
- Liliya Serazetdinova [W1, L3] 2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentLiliya Serazetdinova bt Linda May (Sep 27) 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
A stunning win for Victoria thanks to five matches unbeaten – well played! Well done also to runner-up Mary. Christel and Wendy had a gripping three-setter with a tiebreak, Wendy and Bryony had some great rallies, Kalliopi showcased some impressive hits, and Victoria and Mary got a great workout!
- Victoria Chubb 9.2 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Mary Gillings [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Wendy Thomson [W3, L2] 6
- Bryony McLening 10.2 [W2, L3] 4
- Christel Lomahan [W2, L3] 4
- Kalliopi Moysiadi [W1, L4] 2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentChristel Lomahan bt Wendy Thomson (Sep 24) 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (7-3)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Norwich Parks Women archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Norwich Parks Women.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)