Norwich Parks Women
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Norwich Parks Women's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our singles league for women (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
(If you are interested in playing in our mixed-sex singles league, see here)
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Norwich Parks Women league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
THE MIXED SINGLE AND DOUBLES
Click here to go see more about our mixed-singles and our doubles leagues
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
Friendly, competitive tennis in Norwich Parks Women!
Women of all standards over the age of 18 are warmly invited to join this friendly league.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Eaton Park, South Park Avenue, Norwich. A highly impressive £250,000 facility which opened on 16 June, 2012, this offers 7 outdoor courts, 4 of which are floodlit.
They are operated by Norwich Parks Tennis and cost £30 per year, which covers:
- Free court use for anyone in your household
- Online court booking up to 1 month in advance
- Floodlit courts
- Entry to the ballot for the chance to buy Wimbledon tickets
- The chace to play 24/7 365 days a year
- Two week complimentary access to the coaching programme
Annual membership of £30 per year which gives you free access to the courts.
Courts are operated on a pay and play basis (cash only) or can be pre-booked. To make a booking, call 01603 581 425 or email Norwich.Municipal@biffa.co.uk
Alderman Walker Park
Lakenham Recreation Ground
Six floodlit tarmacadam tennis courts.
Non-members £6.60 per hour
Members £4.60 per hour peak times (4pm to 8.30pm Monday to Friday); £3 off peak
Membership packages available from £5 per month.
Booking details here: http://www.sportspark.co.uk/how-to-book-guide
Sprowston Recreation Ground
Two hard courts (all year round) and eight grass courts (summer only). Simply turn up and play during park opening hours and one of our supervisors will collect the fee.
Three excellent hard courts, refurbished at the end of 2012.
Collapse AllNorwich Parks Women Singles - Round 2 | Thursday 1 December 2016 to Wednesday 8 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 4 January 2017)
- Julie Cooper [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Liz Somerville [W1, L1] 2
- Linda May 9.1 [W1, L2] 2
- Bryony McLening 10.2 [L2] 1
- Rhiannon Mullen [L1]
- Victoria Chubb 9.2 [W4, L1] 11 includes 2 bonus points
- Tessa Killingbeck [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Wendy Thomson [W2, L2] 5
- Mary Gillings [W1, L3] 2
- Helen Wells [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Karen Davies 10.2 [L1]
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Norwich Parks Women archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Norwich Parks Women.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)