Friendly, competitive tennis on Nottingham Parks's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllNottingham Parks Singles - Round 8 | Thursday 16 February 2017 to Wednesday 12 April 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 15 March 2017)
Another successful round in Nottingham with over 70% of matches played - round of applause to you all. It was fantastic to see rivalries renewed and created throughout the groups in some excellent matches. We hope to see you all next time for more tennis in the summer months!
Craig makes a superb introduction into the league chalking up five straight wins to claim the prize at the first time of asking. Well done to Paul who can take the satisfaction of being the only player to take a point off the champion. Joe continues his excellent form backing up his promotion from the previous round with second place ahead of James thanks to his tight victory in their head to head.
- Craig Flint 8.2 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Joe Fisher 10.2 [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- James Barlow 10.1 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Jon Barry 10.2 [W3, L3] 8
- Paul Hurt [W2, L4] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Alan Hook [L2] 1
- Nathanael Parkin 9.2 [L5]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJames Barlow bt Jon Barry (Mar 30) 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
Adam's group win looks comfortable on paper but this was far from the case. Gilbert, Howard and Jon all made sure Adam's title winning credentials were put to the test, battling it out to force tie-breaks and/or deciding sets in very competitive matches. Adam managed to come through these unscathed and has an unbeaten record to his name along with the title in an impressive debut. Jon showed some fine form to come home with the silver.
- Adam Middleton [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Jon Stabler [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Gilbert Alla-Mensah 10.2 [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Howard Westgate 10.1 [L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Sofia Kordolaimi [W1, L3] 2
- Gary Benner 10.1 [L1]
Match of the Group:Gilbert Alla-Mensah bt Howard Westgate (Feb 18) 4-6, 6-4, 7-5
This group was characterised by tight games and this is reflected well by the standings where only two points separate position one and five - great stuff! Anna continues where she left off in round six, with another four wins making it nine matches unbeaten since she started the league. Anna's winning streak was given a bit of scare with Gareth in particular putting up a great fight to take a set off the champion. Can anyone defeat Anna next time? Glenn sneaks ahead of Gareth into second with a win in their third match-up.
- Anna Reece 10.2 [W4] 8 WINNER
- Glenn Simpson 10.2 [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Gareth Carrol 10.2 [W1, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Edward Thornton [W3, L1] 6
- Damian Mccann 10.1 [W2, L3] 6
- Christopher Fitton [W1, L2] 2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAnna Reece bt Gareth Carrol (Mar 25) 5-7, 7-5, 6-3
Tony was in no generous mood as he marched to the top of the table with four straight wins for the loss of only a few games - great stuff! Runner up Roberto tried his best to keep up with Tony, combining his good scheduling skills with nice tennis to finish only two points further back.
- Tony Nottingham [W4] 8 WINNER
- Roberto Santos [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Clifford Fulford 10.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Piera Carugno 10.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Jayne Smith [L3]
- Samuel Barker
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentPiera Carugno bt Roberto Santos (Feb 18) 6-2, 6-3
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Nottingham Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Nottingham Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)