Nottingham Parks Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Nottingham Parks's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Nottingham Parks league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
£6 per hour or £30 per year per household.
To book register at www.nottsparkstennis.com
Once you have a court booked, you will receive a PIN code.
To access the courts – key in the PIN in the key pad on the gate to the courts
Clifton Playing Fields
Valley Road Park
1. Courts are free to book and use (they will remain free until the courts have been refurbished later in 2016)
2. Courts can be booked by going to www.nottsparkstennis.com. You need to register first which only takes 2 minutes
3. Once you have a court booked, you will receive a confirmation email. Please either print this email out and bring it with you, or if your phone can receive and display emails, this is also fine. If you have no proof of a court booking with you, you cannot claim that you have the court booked.
4. You are permitted to use the courts without booking them, however if another player has booked and has proof of booking, please vacate the court immediately.
Lenton Abbey Park
Tennis courts at Bridgford Park are managed in partnership with Activeace. Advance booking is required. Courts must be booked in advance and some courts may be unavailable during scheduled coaching hours. To enquire email email@example.com or telephone
Pay and Play rates are Adults £5 per hour and Juniors £3 per hour. Flexi-Court passes are available for £55 per household and offer access to all our courts in West Bridgford all year round.
Free to use, no booking, usually quiet - and good quality courts.
Free to use
Nottingham Tennis Centre
One of the premier tennis centres in the country, the Nottingham Tennis Centre is an alternative location for matches in the Park League.
Collapse AllNottingham Parks Singles - Round 7 | Thursday 17 November 2016 to Wednesday 25 January 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 21 December 2016)
- Jake Clarkstone 10.1 [W2, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Paul Hurt [W3] 6
- Luke Sloan 9.2 [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Jon Barry 10.2 [L3] 2
- Tomasz Magiera 10.2 [L1] 1
- Joe Fisher 10.2 [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- James Barlow 10.2 [W4] 8
- Mohsen Shirazi 10.2 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Howard Westgate 10.2 [W2, L3] 5
- Sofia Kordolaimi [W2, L3] 5
- Chris Pratt 10.2 [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Gary Benner 10.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Ed Walker 10.2 [W2, L1] 5
- Gareth Carrol 10.2 [L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Hervin Simpson 10.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Ben Wales 10.2
- Joe Radford withdrawn
- Jon Stabler [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points
- Roberto Santos [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- John Knight [W2, L1] 4
- Clifford Fulford 10.2 [L2]
- Jamie Bannocks [L3]
- Siva Kumar [L1]
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Nottingham Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Nottingham Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)