Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on NTC courts. NB: To play in this league you must work at the National Tennis Centre, the headquarters of the LTA and British Tennis.
This league is run in conjunction with the LTA to give NTC employees the chance to play colleagues and to experience first hand playing in a Local Tennis League. All entrance fees collected will be donated to Rally For Bally in memory of Elena Baltacha.
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the NTC league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
Friendly, competitive tennis using the NTC courts!
Adult players of all standards are warmly invited to join this friendly league. Everyone is welcome.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody who works at the NTC
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above (only qualifying matches will be reported for ratings)
- We recommend matches are played to short-set format; using the Fast 4 Tennis model. If a set reaches 3 games all, play a mini tiebreak (to 5) but please note our short format form currently doesn't allow you to record the tiebreak so simply chalk up the extra game, eg 3-4. If the match reaches a set all, a matchtiebreak is played (see link on right)
- However: In this league only, we will accept any best of three set format agreed by the players. But please note, one set matches - including match tiebreaks - will be marked as "to be completed" and only generate the the set played.
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls, collected from Tina).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
National Tennis Centre
The National Tennis Centre (NTC) opened in 2007. The centre has 22 tennis courts, accommodation and a world class sports science centre.
Along with its tennis courts, the NTC is equipped with a state-of-the-art gymnasium, outdoor sprint track and hydrotherapy and ice bath.
The NTC provides services to players training full time at NTC in performance analysis, fitness, psychology and rehab, strength and conditioning, medical support and nutrition.
For information about booking courts, contact Tina
Check venue for details
Check venue for details
Collapse AllNTC Singles - Round 4 | Thursday 24 November 2016 to Wednesday 1 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 28 December 2016)
- Holly Sherington [W1] 2
- Asad Khan 10.1 [L1] 1
- Alex Beaumont 9.1
- Ben Thatcher 9.2
- Ian Staples
- James West 4.2
- Tim Bingham
- Stephen Johnson [W2] 4
- Stephen Flexer 10.2 [W2] 4
- Rhys Campbell 10.2 [L2] 1
- John Obla [L1]
- Katy Everett [L1]
- Chris Ransom
Looking for previous matches? Visit the NTC archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles and Doubles matches NTC.
You earn one point for every set you win. Matches are short format. See here for details. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)