Friendly, competitive tennis on NTC's courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go! (Please note, this league is restricted to players who work at the centre or are emplyees of the LTA.)
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody who works at the NTC!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllNTC Singles - Round 6 | Thursday 18 May 2017 to Wednesday 12 July 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 14 June 2017)
Congratulations to everyone at NTC for another round! It's really important for us that you get a sense of what playing in a Local Tennis League is like. We know how busy the summer has been, but It would be great to see more matches played overall next time, but it looks like this group got some really exciting play – well done all!
Josh swept to the lead this round with a run of four matches unbeaten – an impressive feat! Congratulations also to runner-up Asad, who was the only player to receive his bonus points. This round, Imo showcased her dangerous forehand, Josh practised his strong serve, Asad and Dominic had a tightly-fought battle, and Chris and Asad got some good weather!
- Josh Bence [W4] 8 WINNER
- Asad Khan 10.1 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Dominic O'Hara [L2] 1
- Chris Drew 6.2 [L1]
- Chris Ransom [L1]
- Imo Hamilton [L2]
- Katy Everett
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAsad Khan bt Dominic O'Hara (Jun 12) 3-5, 5-3, [10-7]
Looking for previous matches? Visit the NTC archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for NTC.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)