Friendly, competitive tennis on Paddington Rec's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllPaddington Rec Singles - Round 41 | Thursday 14 February 2019 to Wednesday 10 April 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 13 March 2019)
More than 70% of matches were played in what was an excellent start to the Paddington Rec league in 2019. It was great to see rivalries both renewed and created throughout the groups, with a friendly spirit on show too - thanks everyone. Hope to see you all again next time!
Stelios and Andreas once again found themselves battling it out for top spot in group one and in the end it all comes down to the last match of the round, their head to head. This match went the way of Stelios in straight sets to see him retain his group crown - well played. A shout to Mark for playing the most matches and earning a bonus prize.
- Stelios Nikoloudis [W4] 8 WINNER
- Andreas Christophorou 7.1 [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- James Paulik [W3, L1] 6
- Mark Van Doorne 7.2 [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Dibyendu Rakshit 8.1 [L4] 2
- Freddy Cunningham 9.1 [L4] 1
Match of the Group:Mark Van Doorne bt Dibyendu Rakshit (Apr 5) 2-6, 7-6 (8-6), 6-1
Ashwin held off Juan's impressive comeback in his first match and once he had secured this victory he proved to be unstoppable as he powered to four further wins and scored bonus points to take the gold. Juan continued this fine form throughout the round, finishing with hard fought wins iin his remaining matches to secure second.
- Ashwin Rajashekhar 9.2 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Juan Francisco Redondo 10.2 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Edu Deiros 10.1 [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Nick Barber [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Nicola Pironti [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Lance Entwistle 9.2 [L5]
- Advait Kapadia 8.2 [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJuan Francisco Redondo bt Edu Deiros (Apr 6) 6-1, 4-6, 6-4
Charles may have missed out on a victory but he couldn't have come too much closer with all three of his matches going to third set deciders - great effort. Julien played more matches than anyone else and all this practice paid off as he surged to six wins out of six to post an unbeatable score at the top. Amelia won a couple of challenging games to come home in second spot.
- Julien Mizrachi [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Amelia Camarero Witiuk 10.2 [W2, L1] 5 RUNNER UP
- Charles Swindon 8.2 [L3] 3
- Arjun Bhatia [W1, L1] 2
- Oli Smithson [W1, L1] 2
- Aquilegia Polloni [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- David Scribner [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAmelia Camarero Witiuk bt Charles Swindon (Mar 26) 3-6, 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
Every match was played and all bonus points earned in an excellent group four - thanks for your efforts everyone. The congratulations go to Jonas who produced a strong display of tennis to finish with a full house of wins and deservedly claim the prize. Kyriakos was nearly exhausted by Fragkiskos but he managed to dig deep to clinch the victory and he added three further wins to his tally to finish with the silver.
- Jonas Burkhard 9.2 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Kyriakos Zavoleas [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Julia Kugel [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Fragkiskos Mentalias [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Michael Loutsios 9.2 [W1, L4] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Olayinka Ekundayo [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Julia Kugel bt Fragkiskos Mentalias (Feb 28) 6-4, 5-7, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Paddington Rec archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Paddington Rec.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)