Friendly, competitive tennis on Paddington Rec's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllPaddington Rec Singles - Round 32 | Thursday 16 March 2017 to Wednesday 10 May 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 12 April 2017)
An excellent round in Paddington with just under 70% of matches played, so thanks for all your efforts as we know it can be difficult to get onto the courts. Congratulations to the new group champions and we hope you can all join us next time for more tennis in the summer months!
Andreas' A game proved too much for his opponents in this round as he takes pole position with six straight wins, and this might have been a full house had his unfinished match with Rick been completed. Rodney, Vivek and Robert all put Andreas' title winning credentials to the test by forcing deciding sets in their head to heads but they didn't quite have the extra gear to prevail. Vivek also had an excellent round to finish as the runner up. Thanks to everyone for their top commitment in getting on the court for every match!
- Andreas Christophorou 8.1 [W6, UF1] 15 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Vivek Bisht 8.1 [W5, L2] 13 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Rick Burney 8.1 [W4, L2, UF1] 10
- Dibyendu Rakshit 8.2 [W4, L3] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Robert Barrett 7.2 [W4, L3] 10
- Robert Robinson [W3, L4] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Rodney Nelson-Jones 8.1 [W1, L6] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Mike Douglas 8.1 [L7]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAndreas Christophorou bt Rodney Nelson-Jones (Apr 16) 3-6, 6-4, 7-5
Stelios' super show of tennis saw him storm to the top of the table with a 100% record on what was a very impressive debut. Former champ Vikranth gave it his best shot to keep up with Stelios with a superb six wins to his name, but he has to settle for second place this time as Stelios powered to victory in their head to head. Kudos to Chris, who joined Stelios and Vikranth in playing all of his matches and bagging bonus points.
- Stelios Nikoloudis [W7] 16 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Vikranth Audi 8.2 [W6, L1] 14 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Chris Kalavrytinos 9.2 [W3, L4] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Ali Qassim 8.2 [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Laurent Frisch 10.1 [W1, L4] 3
- Jack Hands [W1, L2] 2
- Vishnu Sivakumar 10.2 [L4]
- Matthew Mayer [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentVikranth Audi bt Chris Kalavrytinos (May 7) 0-6, 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
A number of three setters thrillers, and bonus points aplenty in a competitive group three. Stephen secures wins in six of his encounters to cross the line in first and earn a worthy promotion. Well done to Ashwin too, who not only completed all of his matches and was the only player to do so, but also finishes with a full hand of wins to take second place.
- Stephen Leeke 9.2 [W6, UF1] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Ashwin Rajashekhar 10.1 [W5, L2] 12 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Bjorn Breytenbach 10.1 [W4, L1, UF1] 9
- Marcus Lenzen 10.2 [W3, L2, UF2] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Tanmay Chetan 9.1 [W3, L3] 7
- Charles Swindon 9.1 [W1, L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- John Kelly 8.2 [L6] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Michael Bancroft [L4] 3 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Bjorn Breytenbach bt Tanmay Chetan (May 2) 6-1, 6-7 (7-9), 7-6 (7-1)
Vipul's rise up the ladder continues, as he backs up his group 6 win in his previous appearance with another title winning display this time. Jonathan takes the bragging rights for beating the champ, now what might have happened had he made it onto the court a few more times? Well done to Alex too for clinching second thanks to two commanding victories.
- Vipul Kabra 10.2 [W4, L1] 9 WINNER
- Alex Mavis [W2, L1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Patrick Clancy [W1, L2] 3
- Anant Prasad 10.1 [W1, L1] 2
- Jonathan Selvadoray [W1] 2
- Daniel Tasker [L4]
- Sachin Premnath withdrawn
Match of the Group:Vipul Kabra bt Patrick Clancy (Apr 11) 4-6, 6-2, 7-5
Minsoo and Alastair both finished three wins to the good to put themselves in the hunt for top spot. Minsoo also added good scheduling to his game to earn his bonus points and this leapfrogged him above Alastair into the lead. A special mention to Tracey too, who made it onto court for all of her matches with a number of these epic encouters - great stuff!
- Minsoo Kim 10.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Alastair Noble [W3] 6 RUNNER UP
- George Constantinides 9.2 [W2, L3] 5
- Tracey Lee-Lewis [L5, UF1] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Robert Sanders 10.2 [W2, L1] 4
- Owen Fuld [W1, L1] 3
- Fabio De Rosa [W1, L2, UF1] withdrawn 3
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentGeorge Constantinides bt Tracey Lee-Lewis (Apr 2) 5-7, 6-0, 7-5
This was a quieter group hit by a couple of no shows, we'd definitely like to see more matches played next time. Leonardo played the most matches, earned his bonus points and notched up the greatest number of wins to comfortably take the group crown - well played Leonardo. Paul's win against Henry sees him secure the silver.
- Leonardo Stanton [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Paul O'mahony 10.2 [W1, L1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Guillaume Pfistner 10.2 [L1]
- Henry Lecointe 9.2 [L2]
- Andrei Sandu 10.1
- Louise Veltman
Match of the Group:Leonardo Stanton bt Paul O'mahony (Apr 8) 6-2, 7-5
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Paddington Rec archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Paddington Rec.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)