Friendly, competitive tennis on Parliament Hill's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllParliament Hill Singles - Round 12 | Thursday 10 September 2020 to Wednesday 4 November 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 7 October 2020)
- Mark Przyrembel 9.2 [W2] 4
- Ben Cooper 8.2 [W2] 4
- Matt Lynch 9.1 [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Peter Eliassen [W1] 2
- Alex Michie [W1] 2
- John Lowe [L1]
- Joshua Mason [L2]
- Nico Gaviola [L2]
- David Snower
- Jon Satow 8.2 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Andy Macleod 10.2 [W2] 4
- Federico Forti [W1] 2
- Matt Johnson 9.1 [L2] 2
- Mikhail Tokarczyk 9.1 [L2] withdrawn 1
- Adrian Gray [L1]
- Alex Hicks 7.2
- Christopher Shackleton 10.2
- Dimitriy Mustivy [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Kieran Wood [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Stefan Vogel [W2] 4
- Mike Park [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Fede Alfonzo [L3, UF1] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Eric Liknaitzky [L1, UF1] 1
- Alan Shaw 10.1 [L2] 1
- Chris Wawak [L1]
- Freddie Downes
- Billy Greville [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Andy Koester [L1] 1
- Fred Brennan [L1]
- Robert Molesworth 8.2 [L1]
- Alexander Grach
- George Webster
- Phillip Mucha
- Stephen Pereira
- Tom Rutter
- Liam Dye [W2] 4
- Juliet Young 9.2 [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Bruno Ippoliti [W1, UF1] 3
- Justin Nichomoff 9.2 [W1] 2
- Jamie Riggs-long 9.1 [W1, UF1] 2
- Emmanuela Starman [L2]
- Gabriel Abelof
- Matthew Bell 8.2
- Merinda Peppard
- Daniel Lacava [W1, L2] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Matthew Gibson [W2] 4
- Fabrizio Burlando 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Ella Snell [L1]
- Christian Armada Rodriguez
- David Guardiola 10.2
- Marcus Boyland 9.1
- Meredith Purvis
- Steve Bruce [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Matteo Fantozzi [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Ben Hurley [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Kaushik Das [W1, L1] 3
- Tom Anderson [W1, L1] 3
- Mirsad Mustovic [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Tony Foot 10.2 [L1]
- Jane Mckay [L1]
- Sean Mahaffey [W1] 2
- Judith Schulman [W1] 2
- Philip Meadowcroft [L1]
- Samantha Cozens [L1]
- ANNA CHRONI
- Angus Williams
- Clara Le Chevallier 10.2
- Lukasz Pasieczny 10.1
- Reem Brooks [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- John Stergides [W3] 6
- Catherine Minns [W1, L1] 2
- Shazia Shafiq [L3] 1
- Robert Kender 9.2 [L1]
- Ilona Haller [L2]
- Rachel Madden [L1]
- Alexandra Hirst
- Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Parliament Hill archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Parliament Hill.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)