Friendly, competitive tennis on Queen's Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllQueen's Park Singles - Round 3 | Thursday 9 February 2017 to Wednesday 5 April 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 8 March 2017)
Fantastic to see this league grow to four groups in 2017, we hope you enjoyed yourselves. There were some closely contested groups with both new and returning players putting in some impressive performances. Thanks for all your efforts and we hope to see you back next time for more tennis in the longer days and warmer weather!
This group was nip and tuck all the way with Tanmay and Angel matching each other step for step to finish level on ten points at the top of the table. The two's head to head therefore comes into play and unfortunately this was decided by an injury. Angel was up a set before he twisted his ankle and had to retire meaning Tanmay takes the prize. A shout out to Bjorn who was involved in what seemed to be every exhausting encounter of the round - a great effort!
- Tanmay Chetan 9.1 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Angel Cachon [W4, L1, UF1] 10 RUNNER UP
- Chris Moore [W2, L1, UF2] 6
- Stephen Leeke 9.2 [W2, L2, UF1] 5
- Mark Shephard [W1, L2, UF1] 3
- Bjorn Breytenbach 10.1 [L5] 3
- Norman Rosenberg [L1, UF1] 1
Match of the Group:Angel Cachon bt Bjorn Breytenbach (Mar 12) 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (5-7), 6-1
Tom returned to group winning ways with four wins from four seeing him cross the line first, however this was far from easy. All four of Tom's victories were hard fought encounters and required Tom to find his best tennis on the big points to get past the challenge put up by his opponents, Antonin, Luis, Felix and Nick, and also the wind in a couple of cases. Luis finishes only one point behind Tom as he is rewarded for playing the most matches in combination with some strong tennis.
- Tom Leonard 9.2 [W4] 8 WINNER
- Luis Ruibal [W3, L2] 7 RUNNER UP
- Nick Dugdale-Moore [W1, L2] 3
- Antonin De Benoist [W1, L1] 2
- Felix Watkins [L3] 1
- Euan Barrie [L1]
- Geraint Evans 8.2
Match of the Group:Antonin De Benoist bt Luis Ruibal (Feb 18) 4-6, 7-6 (7-5), 6-3
A photo finish was needed to determine the champion of this group as Pip and Emma finished level on points at the summit. The two's head to head was as close as it comes with an hour and a half required to complete just the first set, and ultimately only a point here and there made the difference. Pip managed to win these and subsequently takes the title but hats off to you both for great rounds. Round of applause to Pablo who alongside Emma played all of his matches and earned bonus points.
- Pip Symington [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Emma Arthur [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Louise Needham-Didsbury [W2, L2] 5
- Eloise Newnham [W1, L1] 2
- Tom Wright [W1, L3] 2
- Pablo Tato [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentPip Symington bt Emma Arthur (Mar 7) 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
Adam and Catherine both notched up a number of victories to put space between themselves and the rest of the group . Adam produced a powerful display of tennis throughout the round and this was also too much for Catherine to handle as he finishes unbeaten to take the gold on his debut. Will anyone be able to defeat Adam next time?
- Adam Strang [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Catherine Harris 9.2 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Gabriele Di Napoli [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Juliette Duthie 9.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Diana Findlay 10.2 [W1, L3] 2
- Lina Balteanu [L3]
Match of the Group:Catherine Harris bt Diana Findlay (Apr 1) 6-2, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Queen's Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Queen's Park.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)