Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Queen's Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Queen's Park league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
Friendly, competitive tennis in Queen's Park!
Adult players of all standards are warmly invited to join this friendly league. Everyone is welcome.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
6 Tarmac courts with toilets, a cafe and paid parking available on-site.
Mon - Sun: 8 am - Dusk
£8 per hour for adults or £4.80 for concessions.
Bookings can be made online via the website link provided or alternatively visit the tennis hut in the park, where court payments can also be made.
Collapse AllQueen's Park Singles - Round 2 | Thursday 10 November 2016 to Wednesday 18 January 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 14 December 2016)
- Rodney Nelson-Jones 8.1 [W5, UF1] 13 includes 2 bonus points
- Stephen Leeke 9.2 [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Tanmay Chetan [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Phil Smith [W2, UF1] 5
- Tom Leonard 9.2 [W1, L4] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Matt Fisher 9.1 [W1, L2] 3
- Euan Barrie [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Aaron Jones 7.2 [W1] 2
- Jonny Grant 10.2 [L1]
- Adrian Thurston
- Babak Shahrtash
- Hugo Steen 10.2
- Irena Moore
- Philip Barnett [W2] 4
- Michael Dobson 10.2 [L1] 1
- Jennefer Brown [L1] 1
- Annabel Ingram withdrawn
- Danya El Zein 10.2
- Julie McBride
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Queen's Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Queen's Park.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)