Friendly, competitive tennis on Queen's Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllQueen's Park Singles - Round 17 | Thursday 20 February 2020 to Wednesday 15 April 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 18 March 2020)
Certainly not the whole story, but plenty of tennis drama to ensure we have an interesting tale to tell. As the hammer fell, Tanmay had made the most progress to the group title, winning two matches, taking a point of Kaladerhan and picking up his scheduling bonus points. Tough on Martin and Kaladerhan who would definitely be hoping to chase the leader down, but Tanmay is rewarded for his proactive tennis! Here's to resuming battle in a new round soon!
- Tanmay Chetan 8.2 [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Martin Halliday 8.1 [W2] 4
- Kaladerhan Agbontaen [W2] 4
- Stephen Leeke 8.1 [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Thibault Racovski 10.1 [L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Ignatios Charalampidis 10.1 [W1, L1] 2
- Mike Herring
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentKaladerhan Agbontaen bt Tanmay Chetan (Feb 22) 6-3, 4-6, 7-5
Kit is our lucky loser! By winning sets off two of his opponents and earning bonus points he tops the table without winning a single match! Well done Kit, just goes to show we are right when we encourage players to get scheduling!
- Kit Harding [L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Osarobo Agbontaen [W1] 2
- Albert Xena [W1] 2
- Chris Rouffaert [W1] 2
- Alex Zinovieff 8.2
- Geoffrey Legrand 9.2
- Giulio Strata
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentChris Rouffaert bt Kit Harding (Mar 14) 6-3, 6-7 (2-7), 6-2
An excellent return to the league for Mark who got on with his matches, won them all and earned bonus points. Even without the lockdown, the group win would have been his. Very well done. Disappointing walkovers eased Andrew in to second place but if the round had gone on longer, the silver could have been anyone's.
- Mark Frankel [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points
- Andrew Lawrence [W2, L2] 4
- Adrian Mucalov 10.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Michael Loutsios 9.2 [L1]
- Rafael Bernardes [L2]
- Claudia Cattell [L1]
- Theo Knowles [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentMark Frankel bt Theo Knowles (Mar 22) 6-1, 7-6 (8-6)
Alex was well established as the front-runner when the curtain prematurely fell, winning three matches and picking up bonus points and the effort earns him the gold. Now, could Sarah have chased down the points to make it even closer at the top if she had been given the time? Very possibly, but that, like so much else, will have to wait for the return of tennis, for brand new rounds, and lives that return to normal. It won't be too long we are sure!
- Alex Routledge [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Sarah Taylor [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Inga Hebdon 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Adrien Pinsard [L3, UF1] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Biswadip Dasgupta [L1, UF1] 1
- Christina Zoubir
- Kitty Phillips
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAlex Routledge bt Sarah Taylor (Mar 16) 6-3, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Queen's Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Queen's Park.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)