Redbridge Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Redbridge's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Redbridge league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Redbridge Sports Centre
020 8498 1000
www.rslonline.co.uk 8 indoor tennis courts and 6 floodlit outdoor tennis courts.
To access cheaper courts, players can purchase a Play More Rackets Card (members £2; non-members £5). Courts cost £16.50 per hour (outdoor courts £5 per hour).
Players do not need to be members of the centre to get the Play More Card and the scheme runs through the Winter months.
The discount court price applies at these times only:
Monday to Friday, 10am-11pm
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am – 12noon
Monday to Friday, 9pm-11pm
Barkingside Recreation Ground
One free to play court
Barley Lane Recreation Ground
Two free to play courts
Nine free to play courts
Two free, newly repainted and re-fenced courts.
Four free, recently repainted courts
Two free to play courts
Seven Kings Park
Two free to play courts.
Twelve free to play courts.
Two newly refurbished courts.
Collapse AllRedbridge Singles - Round 28 | Thursday 29 September 2016 to Wednesday 23 November 2016 (Midpoint: Wednesday 26 October 2016)
A round of two halves with groups 1 and 4 playing lots of matches and groups 2 and 3 going AWOL. It's extremely unusual to have so few matches played & don't forget - we are always here to help!
A clear round for the new group champ Stefano who was undefeated in three matches. Marcus pushed him all the way, but Stefano held on to take the top spot, with Haider runner up. Congratulations to both.
- Stefano Franceschi 9.1 [W3] 6 WINNER
- Haider Tung 10.1 [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Ivan Georgiev 8.1 [W2, L1] 4
- Marcus Brissenden 10.2 [W1, L1] 3
- Nikos Kouros 10.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Gagandeep Maker [L1] 1
- Jenny Courtney [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentHaider Tung bt Gagandeep Maker (Oct 15) 3-6, 6-2, 6-2
Just one match played here! What happened! This is extremely unusual, and do please let us know what's going wrong another time. We always here to help. But well done to Seth and Mahendra for at least getting on court and playing a match. Seth wins the group!
- Seth Sarfo 8.2 [W1] 2 WINNER
- Mahendra Manek 10.2 [L1] RUNNER UP
- Aidan Elmore
- Leke Awojobi 10.2
- Muhammad Tayyab 10.2
- Paula Anna Moscicka 10.1
- Tony Maroni
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentSeth Sarfo bt Mahendra Manek (Nov 3) 6-0, 6-1
Another extremely quiet group. Please do get in touch in future and let us know if you are having problems! Rajeshri gets the unofficial prize for playing the most matches but Naved wins the group. He tied on points with Erion but lost fewer games per matches played.
- Naved Hayat 9.2 [W1] 2 WINNER
- Erion Osmanai 10.2 [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Rajeshri Chouhan 9.2 [L2]
- Curtis Sinclair
- Faisal Chaudhry 9.2 withdrawn
- Pramod Bajaj 10.2
- Tadas Kanciauskas 10.2
No problems about getting matches played in group four where, despite one withdrawal, almost everyone played four matches. Many congratulations go to Sam who finished four wins to the good and can look forward to promotion next time. Andrew as also on good form and finished second.
- Sam Kodavati 10.2 [W4] 8 WINNER
- Andrew Forde-Johnston [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Gregory Gobere [W2, L2] 4
- Glenn Gosling [W1] withdrawn 2
- Nila Patel 10.2 [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Guru Bahl 10.2 [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentSam Kodavati bt Andrew Forde-Johnston (Nov 26) 7-6 (7-2), 6-2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Redbridge archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Redbridge.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)