Friendly, competitive tennis on Raphael Park and Romford's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllRaphael Park and Romford Singles - Round 29 | Thursday 16 November 2017 to Wednesday 24 January 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 20 December 2017)
There was just the one group in Raphael Park and Romford singles league this time around but it was a very competitive group with great participation from everyone, so that's great to see! Over 60% of all possible matches were played and lots of match commentaries provided which we always enjoy reading... so keep up the good work in the next round!
It was a successful debut in Raphael Park and Romford Tennis League for James, who finished top of the table with an impressive 6 wins and no defeats. This put him 4 points clear of runner up Curtis, who was newly promoted to Group 1. Lots of matches were played this group and all but 2 players earned the midway bonus points for scheduling, so that's a good effort from everyone! Well done to Curtis and Terry for battling through with strong winds and a low sun in their match, and let's hope you're rewarded with better weather for your re-match in the next round!
- James Howard [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Curtis Sinclair 9.1 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Julian Loveday [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Stuart Hutcheon 9.2 [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Andrew Bannister [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Ben Trip 10.2 [W1, L5] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Dominic Joseph [L1] 1
- Terry Allen 10.2 [L2]
Match of the Group:Ben Trip bt Dominic Joseph (Dec 16) 7-5, 4-6, 6-2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Raphael Park and Romford archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Raphael Park and Romford.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)