Friendly, competitive tennis on Raphael Park and Romford's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllRaphael Park and Romford Singles - Round 25 | Thursday 12 January 2017 to Wednesday 8 March 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 8 February 2017)
Great to get the league back underway in 2017 with lots of good matches reported. Thanks for all your efforts and do please continue to spread the word - we'd love to see the league grow this year!
Steve and Daniele topped the standings with three wins and six points each and therefore their head to head proved crucial. Steve had been cruising through his matches and continued where he left off in the first set but credit to Daniele who fought back to make the second set a much closer affair though this wasn't quite enough to force a decider. A special mention to Kirstie who was the only player to earn her bonus points - great work!
- Steve West [W3] 6 WINNER
- Daniele Cardile 10.2 [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Kirstie Robertson 10.2 [L3] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Kevin King [W1] 2
- Syed Muzamil Baihaqi [W1, L2] 2
- Nikolaos Haliasos [L2] 1
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentSyed Muzamil Baihaqi bt Kirstie Robertson (Jan 22) 5-7, 6-2, 6-1
A strong performance from Ayodeji who emerged unbeaten with four wins from four on his way to the trophy. Joel came closest to keeping up with Ayodeji thanks to three victories but had to settle for silver this time round.
- Ayodeji Sangobowale 10.1 [W4] 8 WINNER
- Joel Peters 10.1 [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Terry Allen 10.2 [W1, L2] 2
- James Campbell [W1, L3] 2
- Rahul Oza 10.2 [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJoel Peters bt Terry Allen (Feb 18) 7-5, 6-1
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Raphael Park and Romford archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Raphael Park and Romford.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)