Last week we suggested you use some of your permitted exercise time to check up on you local courts and send us a pic. Here are some of the images you sent and we hope you will be sending us more!
Ideally, tennis courts should be full of activity, but even without players and in isolation, many of the courts our players use are beautiful.
London parks features mostly in the pictures sent so far, so we are hoping for some pictures from elsewhere this week. We like to use a picture of the courts and the home page of each league and we still have several looking for pictures including Fleet, Frome, Winchester, Basingstoke and Bracknell so do get snapping. If they are suitable and you give us permission, we will use them on the website. No promises, but we'll also be sending out a few special prizes too. This week, randomly selected, Bradley Horrocks gets a tube of Head Team balls!
Keep the pictures coming, BUT DO FOLLOW THIS GUIDANCE...
- Do not go outside if you are self-isolating or have Coronavirus symptoms
- Do not make an unnecessary trip to your courts just to take a picture. In many countries, neighbourhood walks are limited to a 1km distance from your home and we recommend this precaution.
- Do not touch gates, handles or other fixtures and fittings and do not go on the courts themselves. Do not take your racket or other tennis equipment.
- Do not linger - shoot and keep going on your way!
- Do not ask others to use your camera or phone.
- At all times, employ the recommended 2 meter social distancing from other people you may meet.
- Turn round and go another way if the park is too busy
- Do not include any children in the pictures (unless they are your own and you are happy for us to publish them in which case please make that clear when you send them).
Send your pictures (high res please), to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the name and location of the courts and add a note giving us permission to add them to the website. If we get a lot of nice submissions we'll award a prize to the best!
Only do this if it is safe for you and others. Do not make any long or unnecessary trips. We love tennis and we want to it to start again as soon as possible and we want you and everyone else to be safe and well to play.