17 June 2020
Post Lockdown Updates
For this week's FAQ update we focus on Scotland and in particular, Wales who are finally able to return to play!
- What is the latest update? Following continued dialogue from Tennis Wales, the Welsh Government have announced that tennis courts will be able to re-open and the sport will be able to resume, subject to certain restrictions, from Monday 22 June. This means that Local Tennis Leagues can start to open leagues in Wales, as long as safe to do so.
- What are the LTA guidelines with play in Wales? Check out the easy infographic posted by Tennis Wales below:
- How will I know if my Welsh league is ready? Once confirmed, we will post updates on our social media as well as email all registered players for our Welsh leagues. You can also keep checking our Welsh league pages here
This is really positive news for Tennis Wales and Local Tennis Leagues!
We will be working very closely with the local authorities and venues over the next couple of weeks to get the Welsh leagues back up and running, more details about our progress with this will be shared in the newsletter next week.
- What is the latest situation with the leagues in Scotland? Currently Meadows, Edinburgh is open for entry and the other leagues will shortly follow. We will email registered players when their relevant league is open but you can also keep checking the main Scotland league page here.
- What are the LTA guidelines with play in Scotland? Check out their easy infographic below: