Keeping active as best we can is an important part of staying mentally and physically well during this crisis. If you can do it safely, we're suggesting you show your love for tennis by taking a picture of your local courts. But do follow the guidance!
Highbury Fields, north London this morning
All quiet for now on the beautiful courts that inspired Local Tennis Leagues
Even at this difficult time we are encouraged to take one form of exercise a day, and for that you can leave your home. If you can do it safely, and your walk takes you past your local courts, we're suggesting you take a photo and send it to us. We would love to have more picture of courts on our site and spring is coming so we hope this will be a valuable use of your time, as well as being fun and safe.
But do follow this guidance...
- Do not go outside if you are self-isolating or have Coronavirus symptoms
- Do not make an unnecessary trip to your courts just to take a picture. In many countries, neighbourhood walks are limited to a 1km distance from your home and we recommend this precaution.
- Do not touch gates, handles or other fixtures and fittings and do not go on the courts themselves. Do not take your racket or other tennis equipment.
- Do not linger - shoot and keep going on your way!
- Do not ask others to use your camera or phone.
- At all times, employ the recommended 2 meter social distancing from other people you may meet.
- Turn round and go another way if the park is too busy
- Do not include any children in the pictures (unless they are your own and you are happy for us to publish them in which case please make that clear when you send them).
Send your pictures (high res please), to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the name and location of the courts and add a note giving us permission to add them to the website. If we get a lot of nice submissions we'll award a prize to the best!
Only do this if it is safe for you and others. Do not make any long or unnecessary trips. We love tennis and we want to it to start again as soon as possible and we want you and everyone else to be safe and well to play.