Friendly, competitive tennis on Trafford's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Trafford league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllTrafford Singles - Round 2 | Thursday 24 November 2016 to Wednesday 1 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 28 December 2016)
Thank you all for taking part in the second ever round of the Trafford League! Getting on the courts during the Winter months can be a challenge so we very much appreciate your commitment. Bring on round 3!
4 straight wins by J Alban earned him the top spot this round - although it was no walk in the park, with Maneck and Javier proving themselves to be particularly tricky customers. Hats off to him, and to Maneck and Patrick who earned the silver and bronze respectively.
- J Alban Obianyor [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Maneck Ahmed 10.2 [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Patrick Lambton 10.2 [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Javier De Sena [W2, L1] 4
- Bethany Bolton 10.2 [L2]
- Matthew Knighton 10.2 [L2]
- Laura De Cabo
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJ Alban Obianyor bt Javier De Sena (Dec 18) 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Trafford archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Trafford.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)